Search function not showing the matched word in notes

The search function does show the matching notes in the results, but it does not show the section where the first matching word exists in the actual note.

When I click the result, it used to show the section of the first matching word in the note, but it is not working now and I have to search again inside the note in order to show the matching section.

I tried database optimization, re-indexing, and re-installing Evernote, but none worked.

My current Evernote version is 6.10.3.6921 (306921) Public (CE Build ce-1.39.4387).

Is this the way the search function is supposed to work in the latest versions?

I observe the same behaviour for the Evernote client on macOS Version 10.12.3(16F73) . It does not match any of the key word for a multi word search, let alone for a single word search.

Version 7.0.3 (456407 App Store)
Editor: 1.38.3824 (68bd1c0)

• Level 5*

Hi.  I just updated to 6.11.2 as below - searching for a word gets me a highlight,  and as far as I remember that worked fine in the previous version too.  Remember you can jump to a word in a note by Ctrl+F searching.

(If you're searching a note where a PDF or a picture was OCR'd by Evernote,  highlights are more hit or miss - they can be in the wrong place or on apparently irrelevant words.)

I've had issues with the search results within a note. I am not on the latest version so not sure if it got any better. But I would search for something, it would locate the note but within the note it would not highlight the words I searched for. I would have to do another search within the note.

Sometimes it did it however, so it's been a hit & miss for me as well.

Archived