Whenever I have a note with a table at the top Evernote will automatically add one or two lines at the top of the note.  

If there are two lines i can delete one but it will re-appear the next time i load the note.  

Is this by design or is it a bug, either way please can someone let me know if their is any way to remove this wasted space?

1 line.JPG

2 lines.JPG

• Level 5*
31 minutes ago, dguillaume said:

Is this by design or is it a bug, either way please can someone let me know if their is any way to remove this wasted space?

It's for the new table UI.  The bottom is reserved for left/right scrolling for wider tables.  No way to scrunch of which I am aware.

ScreenClip.png.636a5cb92558c89cf6134924d9391579.png

14 minutes ago, CalS said:

It's for the new table UI.  The bottom is reserved for left/right scrolling for wider tables.  No way to scrunch of which I am aware.

ScreenClip.png.636a5cb92558c89cf6134924d9391579.png

I accept that some space is required for the UI, but the extra line or 2 are not for this as you can enter text here

• Level 5*

I think some sort of flyover UI would work better, but at this point there is a reserved line above and below the table for the UI.  That and all notes are indented for the left side portion of the UI.

• 1 year later...

I too experience this issue with 2 blank lines being occupied above the table in Evernote for Windows. This is very annoying.

It looks better in browsers, but in my humble opinion as a usability consultant I would say that it is still too much of space wasted.

Here is the link how it looks in the browser: https://cl.ly/4a0c3b275634 and bellow is attached image where you can see how it looks in the Windows app.

Can you please enable us to change this spacing or just decrease it for everyone?

2019-06-17 16_40_41-!Dnevni zadaci - Vojkan - vojkanbg@yahoo.com - Evernote.png