Evernote Sync Hypnosis

Fabulous Filing Friends

Idea

Okay, so maybe Evernote Basic or Personal can live without the Ding! at the end of the sync cycle. But how can we have people paid by the hour to get work done - I mean outside of Evernote - using Evernote as a tool, sitting and watching the sync wheel?? 

Surely this waste of time negates the benefit of using a business application intended to save time. 

I'm so tired of sitting at my desk watching the Evernote sync wheel spin.  I have THREE computers set up now, so I can do other things while waiting.  Since 2010 I have been asking for an audible sound when the sync is done.  Please, this is wasting so much of my time and as an Evernote Certified Consultant I just can not justify billing my clients for this time. I can't afford to do it for free, and Evernote so far has not offered to pay me for my time logged waiting for the sync to happen.  

I work on large numbers of notes, doing group tagging and moving from notebook to notebook, then sharing these notebooks between different EBA's.  I have learned that I MUST sync after tagging BEFORE moving, or the tags don't 'stick'.  Notebook name changes are the same.  Change the name, sync.  Share the notebook.  Sync.  Receive a shared notebook, sync.  Evernote doesn't let me do anything while it's syncing so I have to sit and wait and wait and wait. 

Is anyone else having this problem?  Any time I've brought it up with Evernote Support (miss ya Terry O!) they say they are working on making the sync happen faster. Or in the background. Or anything BUT adding a ding! when the sync is done.  

Can we have the Evernote Business development team look into this? 

3 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
9 minutes ago, Fabulous Filing Friends said:

Since 2010 I have been asking for an audible sound when the sync is done.

The process on my devices is running constantly, like every few minutes; an audio indicator would be intolerable.

We used to have a sync interval on our Macs.  Have you set an interval in your settings?

Archived