How to unpack url from anchor in order to make url searchable?

Say I want to search my notes for "https://letterboxd.com/review/ivan" for example.  I can search the "source" field, or I can just type in the url as a search term, or even just search for "ivan". Works like a charm when the url is explicit in the note. If it is hidden behind an anchor I'm toast.  I can't search the "source" field either because Outlook forwards those mails and doesn't include letterboxd as the source.

As a feature request, I would love it if Evernote could search for the url even when hidden behind an anchor.

As it stands now, I have to paste the url manually, so I right-click on the anchor, select edit, copy the url, close edit, and paste.

Does anyone know of an autohotkey or something similar I could use to unpack (and paste) the url automatically by right-clicking on the anchor?

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, lisec said:

Say I want to search my notes for "https://letterboxd.com/review/ivan" for example.  I can search the "source" field, or I can just type in the url as a search term, or even just search for "ivan". Works like a charm when the url is explicit in the note. If it is hidden behind an anchor I'm toast.  I can't search the "source" field either because Outlook forwards those mails and doesn't include letterboxd as the source.

As a feature request, I would love it if Evernote could search for the url even when hidden behind an anchor.

As it stands now, I have to paste the url manually, so I right-click on the anchor, select edit, copy the url, close edit, and paste.

Does anyone know of an autohotkey or something similar I could use to unpack (and paste) the url automatically by right-clicking on the anchor?

You can use a text expander (I use PhraseExpress) to do this.  You might use something like Alt-RightMouse to activate it when hovering over the link, assuming that is what you mean by anchor.  It's just a matter of creating the steps in the phrase the hotkey triggers:

1. Right click
  2. E
  3. Ctrl-C
  4. Tab-Tab-Enter
  5. <Whatever your Find in EN shortcut key is>
  6. Ctrl-V
  7. Enter (if needed depending upon the Search as you type delay)

This will put the URL contained in the link into the EN search bar.

47 minutes ago, CalS said:

You can use a text expander (I use PhraseExpress) to do this.  You might use something like Alt-RightMouse to activate it when hovering over the link, assuming that is what you mean by anchor.  It's just a matter of creating the steps in the phrase the hotkey triggers:

1. Right click
  2. E
  3. Ctrl-C
  4. Tab-Tab-Enter
  5. <Whatever your Find in EN shortcut key is>
  6. Ctrl-V
  7. Enter (if needed depending upon the Search as you type delay)

This will put the URL contained in the link into the EN search bar.

Thank you!  That will do the trick.  I wish it were searchable without having to do that, but at least I can suffer through it much easier now.

Archived