(Archived) Move DB location?

Along the same lines...

With the 'notebook' paradigm I don't mind having only one database, but I really would like to be able to tell Evernote where to put that database (in the nicest possible sense :)). I realize that by making the database location configurable you really are basically allowing more than one database, and it will open up a new can of "Evernote can't connect to the database" support worms - but that's not something you're not already dealing with with 2.2, methinks.

Thanks.

This sounds as though we cannot specify the location of the DB in the new EN. If so, this could be a deal breaker for me because I was planning to store sensitive data in EN and I need to be able to store the EN DB in an encrypted space (possibly a TrueCrypt volume) for maximum security. With EN 2.2 I can do that fine, but it sounds like currently I would not be able to do that in the new version of EN. :)

We intend to make it possible to change the location of the notebook database file before the end of the beta. This would let you put it on the correct local volume.

Thanks

We intend to make it possible to change the location of the notebook database file before the end of the beta. This would let you put it on the correct local volume.

Does this mean the beta will end shortly (i.e. the current status is assumed to be near final)?

-Jens

Does this mean the beta will end shortly (i.e. the current status is assumed to be near final)?

I must have missed that part of my post. ;-)

I just said "before the end of the beta" to reinforce the fact that this is beta software, it's not done/released yet, and there are lots of things we plan to add to it before it comes out of beta. The hard-coded location of the Windows database file is one of those. Phil's stickied note (http://forum.evernote.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=5572) provides some good context on the topic.

Thanks

Archived