Font size keeps changing on Android app

I absolutely love Evernote and use it constantly for many things. But today, I am finding that the font size keeps changing randomly from the normal size to very small, and nothing on the formatting bar at the bottom of the page has changed. I cannot continue with my work at the moment because of it. Can anybody help please?

I'm also interested to know whether there are any plans to be able to change font colour and size easily in the Android app. It would be really great to be able to have more versatility with my notes.

But in the meantime, thanks and I hope to hear from you guys soon.

• 3 months later...
On ‎01‎.‎01‎.‎2018 at 8:44 PM, Kyliegirl said:

I absolutely love Evernote and use it constantly for many things. But today, I am finding that the font size keeps changing randomly from the normal size to very small, and nothing on the formatting bar at the bottom of the page has changed. I cannot continue with my work at the moment because of it. Can anybody help please?

I'm also interested to know whether there are any plans to be able to change font colour and size easily in the Android app. It would be really great to be able to have more versatility with my notes.

But in the meantime, thanks and I hope to hear from you guys soon.

I'm experiencing the same problem you describe. Also, Windows fonts (handwriting scripts) do not transfer correctly to the Android version. Also when I copy and paste something in the Android, the size of my writing changes in Windows. It's very annoying and I hope Evernote does something about this. It's not a problem which would drive me to use a different notetaking app or program, but it certainly has to be dealt with!

• Level 5

The copy/paste font change problem has been documented for quite awhile here--if you search the forum for it you'll see at least one thread. Likewise the limitations on font selection in Android. Random changing of font size just while typing (not pasting) is not something I've seen before. Are there specific circumstances that bring it on?

Hi there there are no specific circumstances that bring it on. I consistently use paragraphs and there are no changes. Then without warning, it will suddenly change size after a new paragraph. Could it be to do with the size of the document? I know that the typing gets slower the bigger document and it's best to make a new one.

Thank you so much for your replies

• Level 5
17 hours ago, Kyliegirl said:

Hi there there are no specific circumstances that bring it on. I consistently use paragraphs and there are no changes. Then without warning, it will suddenly change size after a new paragraph. Could it be to do with the size of the document? I know that the typing gets slower the bigger document and it's best to make a new one.

Thank you so much for your replies

Hmm, that's beyond my experience as a user. What type of device and what version of the app are you using? If it's not the most recent, you could try updating.

On mobile devices, one standard approach for problems and weirdness is simply to uninstall and reinstall the app. You won't lose anything if you're careful to do the following: (1) if you have any offline notes, make them online (normal  sync-able) notes temporarily; (2) record any preferences you have set; (3) sync; might as well sync it twice to be sure; (4) close the app. Then uninstall it, and reinstall from the Play Store. Notes that are not designated offline (i.e., normal notes) are not stored permanently on a mobile device, only downloaded as needed. So when you reinstall, it will rebuild your index from the Evernote servers, and everything will come back as you need it. Then you can reset any notes you need to be offline as offline, so they'll get stored locally.

Archived