Table feature in Everynote Web

hellotheredude

Idea

I was pretty shocked by the level of inflexibility of the table feature in Evernote Web. There's no way to add or delete rows/columns, and I can't even seem to resize the columns and rows. I saw that I had to download the app to do that, which seems absurd. In my opinion, if a feature is this incomplete, you shouldn't include it in the product, because it really makes me consider switching to another note-taking product. 

2 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Hi.  Unless you're downloading to a work computer or using an incompatible OS,  I'd always recommend installing and using Evernote desktop over the Web version.  If you think about it,  the desktop client has ample disk and memory space on which to store the application and a local copy of your notes,  and unrestricted access to a fast processor to support its features.  For security reasons imposed by the browser provider,  cloud apps have minimal space in which to operate,  and highly restricted access to storage.  Desktop apps will always have more features and be capable of more operations than web-based apps.

On 12/23/2017 at 2:08 AM, hellotheredude said:

I was pretty shocked by the level of inflexibility of the table feature in Evernote Web. There's no way to add or delete rows/columns, and I can't even seem to resize the columns and rows. I saw that I had to download the app to do that, which seems absurd. In my opinion, if a feature is this incomplete, you shouldn't include it in the product, because it really makes me consider switching to another note-taking product. 

This is so true. Evernote is (supposed to be) a productivity app. And the workplace is where productivity matters most. Also, most people won't be able to install anything on their workstations.

Space and access to storage should not be an issue for a note taking app. In fact, most parts of Evernote work just fine in the web interface (certainly not all of them), but the table 'feature' is a big mess.

So, UPVOTE! Definitely needs work!

Archived