New Files App in iOS 11 Should support Evernote

mkesten

Idea

It would be great if the New Files App supported Evernote as a location for files.  Some of my customers are beginning to use iPad Pro as their main computer.  The Files App will become central to their workspace.

12 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
On 2017-09-09 at 12:44 AM, mkesten said:

It would be great if the New Files App supported Evernote as a location for files.

I’m not seeing Evernote as this type of service in the class of iCloud, Dropbox ...

From my experience on the other platforms, files imported to Evernote are no longer visible in the file system

The Mac platform is an exception in that notes and attached files are not embedded in a database but exist as individual files in the OS file system.  Evernote does not promote external access to these files

3 minutes ago, DTLow said:

I’m not seeing Evernote as this type of service in the class of iCloud, Dropbox ...

From my experience on the other platforms, files imported to Evernote are no longer visible in the file system

That’s why I stopped using Evernote. I’m not about to fill it with all of my stuff just to have it sandboxed. I work solely in iOS so Evernote renders all my files completely useless. Apple Notes has done a great job of making Evernote obsolete. 

• Level 5*
34 minutes ago, therealchadhall said:

I work solely in iOS so Evernote renders all my files completely useless. Apple Notes has done a great job of making Evernote obsolete. 

Does Apple Notes allow external access to your imported files?

I’m not seeing Notes as a location in the new Files app.  Can you do anything with your audio and visual files?

26 minutes ago, DTLow said:

Does Apple Notes allow external access to your imported files?

I’m not seeing Notes as a location in the new Files app.  Can you do anything with your audio and visual files?

It doesn’t even require the files app it works directly on each individual audio or visual file through use of the share menu. This is what I would expect to happen in Evernote but for some baffling reason it does not—Completely trapping all content  

48ED7934-1A71-44E5-95E1-0A1767F671FB.png

E6E49391-7B7C-4CC3-86BA-4768046E39AA.png

• Level 5*
32 minutes ago, therealchadhall said:

it works directly on each individual audio or visual file through use of the share menu.

Have you tried the share menu in Evernote?  I just emailed a video out of Evernote

19 minutes ago, DTLow said:

Have you tried the share menu in Evernote?  I just emailed a video out of Evernote

Unfortunately while you can text and email the files out of the app you are still unable to do the same to open files in other apps (not even with help of the Workflow app.) I store audio files and I need to be able to open them in audio editing apps.

In a roundabout way I figured out how to move Evernote files into apple iOS 11 “File app”.  This is what I did. I opened the “File app”, I created a new folder titled “Evernote exported files” (using the icon located in the upper left), but you don’t need to do this if you already have a file in the “File app” you already want to save your Evernote file to. I opened Evernote, I found the file that I wanted to export, Please note that this part is very important “you have to open the Evernote file.”  Once the file is open, (on the upper right) there is a “share icon.” Select the share icon and you will see a icon that says “Save to Files”.  Tap the icon and it will allow you to select a file you wish to save your Evernote file to, select the file you like to save it to tap “add” (on the upper right) and it will save it to that location. Pretty simple! I hope this is a help!

On 9/23/2017 at 10:44 AM, Julicfl said:

In a roundabout way I figured out how to move Evernote files into apple iOS 11 “File app”.  This is what I did. I opened the “File app”, I created a new folder titled “Evernote exported files” (using the icon located in the upper left), but you don’t need to do this if you already have a file in the “File app” you already want to save your Evernote file to. I opened Evernote, I found the file that I wanted to export, Please note that this part is very important “you have to open the Evernote file.”  Once the file is open, (on the upper right) there is a “share icon.” Select the share icon and you will see a icon that says “Save to Files”.  Tap the icon and it will allow you to select a file you wish to save your Evernote file to, select the file you like to save it to tap “add” (on the upper right) and it will save it to that location. Pretty simple! I hope this is a help!

Unfortunately, this does not work with audio files.

Archived