trouble sharing a note

I am trying to share a note by sending it to a co-workers email address. I keep getting this error msg. "Sorry we couldn't send your chat. Try again in a moment."

I have been trying for 2 days now to share the note, but I keep getting the same msg.

==> sending it to a co-workers email address. I keep getting this error msg. "Sorry we couldn't send your chat.

Are trying e-mail a copy of the note or share it via Evernote's Chat feature?    Your comment makes me think you are confusing two distinct commands.   On Windows these are "Note -> Share ... -> Send a Copy and "Note -> Share -> Share Note"

It would help if you listed what OS you are using and the specific commands you have tried to use.

I deal with same issue 2 days now. Using both - so error message is about that either "chat" or "message" couldn't be sent.

/evernote web, windows 7 x64, chrome - google synchs/

Any ideas how to solve it? Thanks in advance.

• 1 month later...

One of my coworkers is having this same issue. She is trying to share a notebook/notes with me using work chat in Evernote web and has gotten the "Sorry we couldn't send your chat. Try again in a moment." error over several days. I have verified that she has entered my e-mail address correctly and that the my e-mail address is otherwise working normally. 

She just created an Evernote account recently. Users who have previously established Evernote accounts are able to share with me without any issues. Is it possible this has something to do with the fact that hers is a new account?

21 hours ago, Amanda Calabrese said:

Is it possible this has something to do with the fact that hers is a new account?

I don't want to miss the real technical issue here, but... everything started working just fine on the next day for me (I was also a new user).

• Level 5*
On 05/09/2017 at 9:31 PM, Amanda Calabrese said:

She just created an Evernote account recently.

That would seem to be the important detail - as an 'anti spammer' step new accounts don't automatically have the share feature immediately;  it takes a day (or three) to activate maybe depending on timezones and holiday weekends.  If it's not working after several days,  contact Support if you're a paying customer or tweet them if not..  https://www.evernote.com/SupportLogin.action or https://twitter.com/evernotehelps 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I would like to see a resolution to this problem. I am dealing with it as well - I would love to go professional but I'm not going to make a payment and fully adapt a system if it is not supported on a basic entry-user level. Hoping for a response - will receive the notification automatically.

• Level 5*
17 hours ago, IMirosavljev said:

I would like to see a resolution to this problem. I am dealing with it as well - I would love to go professional but I'm not going to make a payment and fully adapt a system if it is not supported on a basic entry-user level. Hoping for a response - will receive the notification automatically.

Not sure what sort of a response you are expecting - this is a user forum,  not Evernote Support.  If you're a new user,  how long have you had the account?  Work Chat should kick in after a few days.  You should still be able to send a note by email or send the note URL and allow others to view your note in a browser.  If you're stll having problems,  try contacting support on https://www.evernote.com/SupportLogin.action if you're a paying customer,  Twitter - https://twitter.com/evernotehelps if not. 

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Level 5*
On 5/22/2019 at 10:43 AM, labiznaga Homes said:

I have written to them and nothing changed

Hi.  Sorry you haven't heard anything,  but how did you 'write to them'?  If you reported a problem to Support you would have received a ticket number.  If you can quote the number here we can ask an Admin to chase it up for you.