Recovering evernote note from a Time Machine backup on a Mac

Where exactly is a specific note located in that folder? While copying the contents of a note, somehow the whole note got deleted. I have explained my problem here. I am trying to recover a previous version of the note from a time machine backup and want to know where to look for in the backup. 

As explained here, I got to the database by pressing option on about evernonte, but the folder it opened 

/Users/chaitanyacharan/Library/Application Support/com.evernote.Evernote/accounts

contains just two folders: 

props

These folders don't seem to contain anything relevant: just hte following folders - atlas checkpoint chunks ContactExtractorFetchDate.plist content CoreMessageStore.sqlite CoreMessageStore.sqlite-shm CoreMessageStore.sqlite-wal external-edits GoogleCredentialManagerState.plist LocalNoteStore.sqlite LocalNoteStore.sqlite-shm LocalNoteStore.sqlite-wal note.index pending-audio plugins props puppetmaster purgatory quick-search.store quick-search.store-shm quick-search.store-wal related_content SyncState tierSelectionEligibility.state typeAhead.index typeAhead.index.old version

The content folder contains folders by names like these: 2F5B37FF-6926-4DCB-84CB-9EB8C029BAB7. I checked all the folders that had been opened today, but I couldn't find anyway I could access the note content there - it just had these folders: card.png content-pre-sync.enml content.enml quickLook.png snippet.txt.

By the way, can an evernote note be opened with any other app?

• Level 5*
On 2017-07-16 at 4:17 PM, Chatchan said:

Where exactly is a specific note located in that folder?

The TM backup isn't entirely useful for restoring notes, but it's possible

>> contains just two folders: 104170553

104170553 is your database folder
There's a subfolder for each note

The easiest way is to search for some text you know was in your note
You will end up with a .enml file
If it's a simple note, you could get away with changing the extension to .html and opening in a browser

You could also try swapping the file into your current database

Archived