Skitch feature

im10er

Idea

I used to use Skitch for my screenshots and kept the install file for Windows because it was discontinued. I JUST discovered that Evernote does screenshots with all the same features

1. This is not advertised very well. Skitch was decomissioned for years already and I just found out - I think through right clicking the tray icon
  2. I loved skitch because you could easily drag the screenshot over to another application. Very helpful when you're submitting something to Slack or a support ticket. Will you guys possible implement this to Evernote's screenshot tool?

3 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

As long as Evernote is running,  a key combination will take a screenshot.  Evernote > Tools > Options > Shortcut Keys to view or change yours.

Once you have selected the area to be captured,  and you're still holding the mouse button down,  you can press Ctrl to send the capture to the clipboard for further use,  or Shift to save it to your desktop as an image file.  All other choices save it in a note.

Once saved in a note,  images can be dragged and dropped elsewhere or right-clicked to annotate with a Skitch-like window,  opened in another image editor or saved to desktop.

- I don't think we need any more image handling options right now...

Hey gazumped. Those are items I'm aware of. I think Skitch being a separate product and still supported for Mac makes a case for having this capability in Evernote for Windows and some users do need these items.

I must have not articulated the request very well. 

The screen capture flow is much different in Evernote than it is in Skitch

Here's Skitch: http://nimb.ws/d8y6mc

Here's Evernote: http://nimb.ws/VrSi3e

With Skitch it is easy to annotate, reannotate, and drag and drop the image in one go. I can close the window but bring it back up and easily resume workflow.

With Evernote, It brings up two windows (yes I know you can disable that but just wait) and I can annotate but to save the annotations I have to click Save & Exit which closes the window. If I need to reannotate, I have to reference the second window and click on the tiny icon - if I click outside on accident it zooms into the photo. I cannot drag and drop from the annotation window, I have to drag and drop from the second window. If I close out of the window, I cannot easily resume the workflow.

• Level 5*

Thanks for the extra information - having viewed it,  I think I'm happy with my workflow,  and obviously you are with yours. 

In my view Ctrl+6 (my screenshot shortcut) pops up a (what used to be) Skitch Window where I can annotate and save,  and annotate again as required.  I don't have a pull-tab on the window to move it around - it follows normal Windows protocols.  (This is just a copy of your image - it doesn't play...:P)

Clipboard-21.png.e1a8766e2b4923bb1c91048bc9894922.png

AFAICS there's not much difference between the two operations.

Evernote have said they're bringing things more into line though between OS's,  so I guess the with-or-without Skitch issue will be part of their considerations...  :)

Archived