Add item to Menu <Format> <Paragraph> <New Paragraph>

dwlloyd

Idea

My requested feature is an addition to the Evernote top menu.
From the top menu, select <Format>
From the format menu, select <Paragraph>
At the top of the paragraph menu please add <New Paragraph>

The purpose of this requested feature is to provide a means to change formatting to manually add content or comments to an existing note that was clipped from a WebSite. I assume you can implement this feature by putting a 

<div> tag represented on-screen as a thin grey line, and
a blank line where the user can type with default (or customizable) formatting, followed by a
</div> tag represented on screen as another then grey line.

An example note in which I was unable to add an unformatted set of notes after the section that was clipped from the web is:

http://www.evernote.com/l/AArO5hgbOwlNq7iTftgIte9fLbuDoLq5Wus/

That is my mail request and it is the purpose of this email. However, as I have been writing this note, I wished it were possible for me to identify myself to you as a premium user without making my account details available to those who see this post. Your software does not provide a simple means of allowing a customer to uniquely identify him/herself with an account ID or account number. Since I have two Evernote accounts, it is often a cause of confusion when trying to discuss program issues, since my default email has a different Evernote account than the one I use most of the time.

Thank You.

2 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
8 minutes ago, dwlloyd said:

The purpose of this requested feature is to provide a means to change formatting to manually add content or comments to an existing note that was clipped from a WebSite. I assume you can implement this feature by putting a 

My experience is that it gets messy adding comments to clipped web content.

I found it better to isolate the web content by converting it to an image or pdf.  

I have done that in some cases, but I consider it a poor work-around for a problem that needs a real fix. The reason it is messy to add text to a clipped note is because we cannot do it using HTML code. My suggestion would add a division within the HTML code that would solve the messiness. 

The text I was wanting to add was for the purpose of ensuring image text would be indexed. I realise tags could accomplish the same goal, but I'm trying to reign in tag complexity so Evernote can run more efficiently on a database with well over 100,000 notes. 

Archived