Evernote on IOS keeps losing formatting! Driving me crazy and destroying my notes!

I can't pin down what is causing this, but I am frequently seeing Evernote losing all formatting of my notes, mainly my most active ones like my todo or shopping list.  My formatting is not that involved, mainly newlines and sometimes a single layer bulleted list.  When this happens, the note is completely unusable on mobile, or at least very tedious.  I have to go back to my PC and reformat the whole note which is the only viable way.

I have mainly seen this when using the mobile app, so it usually strikes me when I need Evernote the most.  If I can't trust my data to Evernote then I need to find another product that can do such a simple thing like not corrupting my notes.

Here is an example of what happens:

Sample original note:

--Todo List
Take out garbage
Buy groceries
Cook dinner

Note after corruption:

--Todo List Take out garbage Buy groceries Cook dinner

I am using Evernote on Windows 10 and IOS (latest).  I usually have the Evernote app open on my PC even when I'm away, but even if I closed it, it would still be syncing in the system tray.  I only have it on one computer, my iPhone, and iPad, and rarely open anything on my iPad.  I use the web once in a while, but not when I see this issue.

EDIT: Just ran into this again and found something interesting.  Sometimes the note shows as corrupted on IOS, but on the Desktop it does not.  If I edit on the desktop and resync to IOS, the note gets fixed on IOS.

• Level 5*

This has been reported in other threads, it got me with table formats getting hosed.  Last I heard EN was in the process of making fixes to the IOS editor to be released with 8.3, date unknown.  Editing on IOS may be a random act of violence until then.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This is my biggest frustration right now too. Few times a week my notes I use all the time with checklists and tables loses all formatting. Good thing I can go back in my history and restore the note from earlier in the day and keep going. It's still crazy annoying though. Let's get on this Evernote team!! Been a user for 10 years, not exactly wanting to jump ship.

On 7/22/2017 at 9:58 AM, localfruitandveg said:

This is my biggest frustration right now too. Few times a week my notes I use all the time with checklists and tables loses all formatting. Good thing I can go back in my history and restore the note from earlier in the day and keep going. It's still crazy annoying though. Let's get on this Evernote team!! Been a user for 10 years, not exactly wanting to jump ship.

+1 I've been using it since the beginning too and want them to succeed in fixing this, but these issues have me standing on the edge of the ship looking for a solid shore.

Archived