"Not Responding"

Tim Kowal

Idea

The Evernote desktop application for PC frequently loses consciousness, and displays the message in the title bar: "Not responding." It regains consciousness within 30 seconds, almost without fail. It often stops me from typing, but usually will capture most of my keystrokes and display them after it wakes up. The regularity of the behavior suggests Evernote ought to employ a simple "hourglass" message asking the user to wait, rather than exposing the user to the unsettling worry that Evernote has fallen and can't get up.

This happens on my laptop.

It happens on my desktop.

It happens while using my Evernote Business notebooks.

It happens while using my Evernote Personal notebooks -- and before I ever upgraded to Business.

It happens on my co-workers' PCs also using Business.

I have about 8,000 notes. But it's been happening ever since I can remember using Evernote.

It happened before I deleted my Evernote cache file and rebuilt it. It happens now afterward.

It happens while syncing. It happens when it's not syncing. It happens while I'm typing, it happens while doing nothing.

It happens in a box, with a fox, in a house, with a mouse. It happens here and there; it happens everywhere.

Before adding more new features, please consider curing Evernote of its fainting spells.

1 reply to this idea

• Level 5*

lighten-up-today.jpg.4083fcf89599a29005f71a695ff83499.jpg

Hi.  We're not Evernote as such here,  just a (mostly) user-supported forum.

In case faith is not enough - I'd suggest you contact support directly if you're a paying subscriber at https://help.evernote.com/hc/requests/new (premium subscribers can chat from the same link) - or message them on Twitter via https://twitter.com/evernotehelps

I'll second the request for an icon to show 'working on this',  but my 39K notes don't generate many long pauses...

Archived