(Archived) Web clips, URLs and looks...

Hi,

Clipping a web page is nice, I use the bookmark in Firefox to clip a page - it failed clipping a page and told me to use the client clipper instead. Can I clip a URL the same way using that? Previously, I'd written my own small app that I stored URLs in, the beauty of that was that I got a reminder when I added URLs previously in the database, since this app is for "lazy slobs" it would be nice to have that feature here as well. Also, I'd like the content to retain its looks in the database.

I second all those opinions out there that native support for PDFs would be great! In fact, I'd like to use this as my hard-drive for important files - and of course such a thing carries a price tag, how about a buck a gig per year? I know that storage is a moving target so, maybe a year from now it will be 2 gigs per buck...

Hi,

Clipping a web page is nice, I use the bookmark in Firefox to clip a page

I'm very curious how you do that. I know I can bookmark in FF, but didn't know FF had the capability to clip a web page. Is this some kind of add-on?

- it failed clipping a page and told me to use the client clipper instead. Can I clip a URL the same way using that? Previously, I'd written my own small app that I stored URLs in, the beauty of that was that I got a reminder when I added URLs previously in the database, since this app is for "lazy slobs" it would be nice to have that feature here as well. Also, I'd like the content to retain its looks in the database.

So somehow, FF knew you had a separate clipper installed? How would it know that? Very different behavior than I've gotten from FF. Can you elucidate?

Hi,

Clipping a web page is nice, I use the bookmark in Firefox to clip a page

I'm very curious how you do that. I know I can bookmark in FF, but didn't know FF had the capability to clip a web page. Is this some kind of add-on?

Salgud: You can install the bookmarklet (basically a javascript-backed bookmark) into your FF Bookmark Toolbar by going to http://www.evernote.com/download/beta/#webclipper and dragging the rust/brown colored "Clip to Evernote" button to your toolbar. Then simply highlight the desired text on some web page and click that bookmark.

As I'm on linux, I'm using that procedure, but I would love to see the URL of the page from which the clip came displayed somewhere on the note page. I see that it is thus displayed if I make the note public (actually, the public view is significantly nicer than the private view), but I think it should also be displayed on the note page, or at least available with other meta-data about the clip.

As I'm on linux, I'm using that procedure, but I would love to see the URL of the page from which the clip came displayed somewhere on the note page. I see that it is thus displayed if I make the note public (actually, the public view is significantly nicer than the private view), but I think it should also be displayed on the note page, or at least available with other meta-data about the clip.

We're storing the "Source URL" for clipped pages, but haven't displayed it in all of the right places yet.

E.g. if you were to publish the notebook, you'd see the Source URL for any clipped notes in that notebook:

http://preview.evernote.com/pub/dave/di ... 390638c283

We'll get these URLs into your main account UI in the near future.

Thanks

We're storing the "Source URL" for clipped pages, but haven't displayed it in all of the right places yet.

E.g. if you were to publish the notebook, you'd see the Source URL for any clipped notes in that notebook:

http://preview.evernote.com/pub/dave/di ... 390638c283

We'll get these URLs into your main account UI in the near future.

Thanks

Thank you for this info. Been wondering about it. So, indeed, excellent!

Archived