Sound recording app suggestions?

I have been a very happy user of SoundEver for years with big buttons that make it easy to trigger and pause recording plus offline storage of recordings. It is rock-solid reliable and thus I trust it far more than the Evernote iOS client which has lost recordings and has a near-unusable interface.

Unfortunately, SoundEver is a dated, 32bit app which is no longer on the stores and will at some future iOS version be probably blocked from launching. It already issues Apple's bogus _this app may slow your iPhone_ warning.

So, any suggestions for a dedicated recording app to replace it (I really don't have the time to write one myself)?

Must have

1. Offline storage with review/replay on device.
  2. Ability to upload notes to Evernote.
  3. Pause.
  4. UI which allows for hands-free or nearly hands-free use with minimal glancing at device, for safe use when driving.

Nice to have

1. Level meter or warning if recording level is too low.
  2. Indication of note successfully uploading to Evernote.
  3. Easy switching of tagging notes to pre-classify them.

thanks

Andy

• Level 5*
5 hours ago, AndyDent said:

So, any suggestions for a dedicated recording app

I am a fan of Cogi for the simple fact that it ignores the clutter of typical recordings
For many recordings, you don't need to store all minutes/hours.  You only need the importand parts
Cogi is recording the entire session, but only captures the clip when you press the button

I have it running on my iPhone while I take notes on my iPad 
I upload the clips to Evernote and attach them to my notes

Archived