Request: keyboard shortcuts for note list view sort options (sort by created, updated, and title)

I often change sort order, which currently means switching to side list or top list view and clicking on columns from there, then going back the the views I normally work from. 

Another option to get sort potions is by clicking on the note list view icon, but this method has a limitation: its not possible to reverse the sort order. 

It would be very useful to get keyboard shortcuts to sort by date created, date updated, and title (and reverse sort for each). 

Alternatively, if keyboard shortcuts are not possible, it would be good to have the option to see the sort columns that exist in side and top view within all the other views.

I found one reference for this request from 2011, below, but it was not in the feedback section of the forum. I hope it might get some new attention here! 

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, The big Discovery said:

Another option to get sort potions is by clicking on the note list view icon, but this method has a limitation: its not possible to reverse the sort order.

You can change the sort order using that icon.

Image.png

19 hours ago, csihilling said:

You can change the sort order using that icon.

Image.png

Correct you are indeed, not sure how I missed that one.

That being said, I am still a bigger fan of keyboard shortcuts that mousing and clicking around, so I do hope someday we will get keyboard shortcuts for more common mousing around actions such as this.

Archived