Sticky Note in Notebook

Shari Lynn Smith

Idea

I'd like to be able to sticky a card to the top of a notebook, yes I can create a tag and use that to find the card, however it would be helpful to have a index or title card at the top of my notebooks to find something quickly that is in the notebook without have to search. It'd be one click to the card versus having to type what I'm looking for and then goto the card.

Use case:

I have a list of websites that I need to review weekly. Sticky card links to the individual cards on those sites, I like having the over all card as I can type quick notes so I know where I am with this task and then quickly goto the site card for the detailed information. Keeps my notes much cleaner.

(Feel free to merge this if it's already out there, couldn't find it with a quick search of the forum.)

4 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Shari Lynn Smith said:

I'd like to be able to sticky a card to the top of a notebook, yes I can create a tag and use that to find the card, however it would be helpful to have a index or title card at the top of my notebooks to find something quickly that is in the notebook without have to search. It'd be one click to the card versus having to type what I'm looking for and then goto the card.

There are existing requests with suggestions for workarounds.

My solution is a tag (Hot Notes) that I apply to notes I need quick access to.

Another solution I use is to manipulate the title or dates so the note is sorted to the top.
For example: "-Project Master Note" is at the top when I review a project in title sequence

• Level 5*

You can also create a reminder, which will float to the top if the note list in some situations (snippet view in the Windows client, which is what I use). You can also choose to sort specific notebooks in certain ways by default in the Windows client, so that offers a way to force certain notes to the top.

• Level 5*
6 hours ago, Shari Lynn Smith said:

I just prefer the last use order typically.

Update Date Sequence is also my default choice

The desktop platforms allow the update date to be adjusted to keep a note at the top.  I have this scripted on my Mac 

Archived