Evernote Clipper Not Working on Firefox FIX REQUIRED

DrBlues

Idea

I am running Firefox build 50.1.0 and Evernote Clipper 6.10.2.0 - I have been unable to use clipper since a popup box was introduced as the login default. I put my username and password and the box disappears and the clipper icon remains non-functional. Pressing it brings up the pop-up login .... again and again and again.

I have reinstalled the Clipper multiple times and the problem remains.

Can you please recommend a FIX. I have integrated clipper into my normal workflow and the lack of function is having a big impact on my ability to work effectively.

6 replies to this idea

I run Firefox 50.02 with no problems.  I got notice that an Evernote upgrade was available, so I upgraded.  Not only is the constant log-in annoying, at times, the log-in box won't stay open long enough to log-in.  After numerous attempts to fix it, I reverted back to 6.9.3.  That's not to say it doesn't have problems with NoScript and other bugs; its to say its NOT as annoying. 

Given the number of people that use Evernote Clipper, its surprising that Evernote is having such a problem fixing issues that have existed for sometime now.  Log-in should not be a problem.  Every software app that I have uses log-in, and they are non-events.  As I said elsewhere, I use Evernote on iPhone and Evernote desktop, mostly with clipper, and get regular prodding emails to buy the service.  Given that Evernote problems directly affect my productivity, I can't see my way to pay for them.  Who does that?

• Level 5*
8 minutes ago, garsgolfer said:

I can't see my way to pay for them.  Who does that?

Anyone who would like to keep on using the service and fund the software engineers required to sort out the bugs.  These folks are unreasonable enough to want paying for some reason...

I had a software co, so know the variables.  Log-in bugs are not rocket science.  This issue has affected a number of people, yet there are only a few browsers.  Also, I am pretty sure mainstream Evernote revenue covers downstream development and support of side products like Clipper. 

• Level 5*

I'm still using Firefox - currently v54 64bit on Windows 10.  There have been a few blips when my Clipper hasn't worked for a few days,  but in gereral I've continued using Firefox and clipping without any serious issues.  When things do drop out I copy/ paste or forward by email (paid accounts only) or share the page to where I can copy it.  Or I use Chrome or Opera for research browsing.

If you're having trouble and have done the usual restart / reinstall dance,  I can only suggest you contact support (paid users) or tweet @EvernoteHelps (everyone) so Evernote can judge which browser is affected and how bad the problem is.

Archived