Missing the Option to Opt out of Web Beta

Chris McBurney

I was moving too quickly while establishing a new account for a colleague and I believe I opted-into the Web Beta (or is it automatically applied to new accounts now)?  I'm perfectly aware of where to find the opt-out option, but it's simply not there.  Looking at another Evernote account on a laptop right next to mine, I see the opt-in option under the caption Evernote Web, which is below the caption Gift to a Friend and above Username.

On this account, it is simply not there.  Please help me exit this beta.  

Not sure if this helps, but additional info:

• The account was established hours ago so its fresh - am I forced into Beta for a period of time before the opt-out allows users to escape their captivity?
  • I started the account via Google sign-on but have since established an Evernote password and I'm not signing in using Google
  • I've disabled the Google sign-on, but still nothing

Please, someone help!

THANKS

• Level 5*
9 hours ago, Chris McBurney said:

The account was established hours ago so its fresh - am I forced into Beta for a period of time before the opt-out allows users to escape their captivity?

Last I knew, new accounts may not use the old web client. But the place to look for it is in your Account Summary (I think this will take you there). Look for a line like:

Evernote Web

You’re using the new Evernote Web
Go back to old version

If it's there, you should be good to go. If not, then you could try the following: https://www.evernote.com/Settings.action?disableBeta=. If that doesn't work, then you may be out of luck.

• Level 5*

I saw a post a while ago from one of the Employees confirming that after a certain date (I think it was some time in August last year) new Basic accounts would not have the option to opt back and forth and would be locked into the 'new' version.

The New Evernote Web has been a neglected app however for some time - this may explain why.  Apparently we should expect new new features early next year...

https://blog.evernote.com/tech/2016/10/17/bringing-micro-services-to-the-client-side-project-ion-and-micro-components

There's a new(er) version of the web app under development - launch date unknown,  but alleged to be first half of 2017...

Archived