Gazumped, The problem of erasing the previous word as I type a new character, persists. I've checked storage and there is plenty of memory there. I suspect, there is too little RAM. I've deleted a few apps which run in the background. No help. I'd like to continue use of this tablet at my kitchen table in the morning. I don't know how to increase RAM.

Gazumped, The problem of erasing the previous word as I type a new character, persists. I've checked storage and there is plenty of memory there. I suspect, there is too little RAM. I've deleted a few apps which run in the background. No help. I'd like to continue use of this tablet at my kitchen table in the morning. I don't know how to increase RAM. The tablet is a RealPad iBuddie with an Intel processor. It has 16 GB of Storage. 

• Level 5*

Hmmn. I'd suggest you contact support directly if you can,  or message them on Twitter for their thoughts on this - meantime if anyone else has the same tablet maybe they can give you some advice.  It's not expected behaviour to erase characters...

On the topic of freeing memory / increasing RAM I can only suggest you talk to the system provider.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/12/2017 at 7:19 PM, MartinB4 said:

I talked with a Samsung rep at Best Buy. He told me kitkat 4.4.2 isn't supported at this time. I believe, he meant it's out of date. I bought a new tablet with 6.0 Marshmallow. 

The RealPad ibuddie comes with kit kat 4.4.2, so unless you installed it yourself or bought it from a 3rd party that installed it, you put an OS that was not the original one that came with the device.

So Samsung is correct, it's not supported.. even if you installed 6.0 Marshmallow does not imply the hardware can support the newer OS.. dangers of self installing

Archived