Encryption and History are a Joke

So FRUSTRATING!!   First of all encryption used to work and work fine.  Sometime around a year ago it broke.  Now when you have a multi-line encrypted field, you can't paste into it.  Or if you can, it only lets you do 1 line, then if you do, hitting enter doesn't properly insert a new line.  Plus it constantly collapses when trying to do paste operation.  It's simply broken.

So the only way to actually paste in a block of text and edit it in an encrypted field is to first decrypt the field permanently.  Then make your edits, and re-encrypt.  Then guess what, your unencrypted version is stored in your note history with no way to remove it!!  Sure I guess could complete the whole note each time, make a new and start over.  

Broken encryption edits and no way to edit your history to remove something you don't in there?!?

That is a ton of work and severe headache!

Not to mention the overall user interface has just gone downhill.  The mobile clients are irritating at best.  Been a premium user for years now, but I might finally start looking around at other options.  $70 a year for basic note taking and it mostly just frustrates me now.

• Level 5*
38 minutes ago, vertices said:

So FRUSTRATING!!   First of all encryption used to work and work fine.  Sometime around a year ago it broke.  Now when you have a multi-line encrypted field, you can't paste into it.  Or if you can, it only lets you do 1 line, then if you do, hitting enter doesn't properly insert a new line.  Plus it constantly collapses when trying to do paste operation.  It's simply broken.

Is this a problem in a particular Evernote client? It seems to work fine in the Windows client.

The only other odd thing I have found about the editing of the encrypted field is sometimes after a permanent decrypt and re-encrypt, it will work normally for a while, then the problem seems to come back.  This doesn't always work, but sometimes it does.

• Level 5*

Previous note history (that's ALL note history) is lost If you copy the note and delete the original or move it to a Local Notebook,  sync and move back.  In each case the new note will have no history beyond its current content.  You can also export to ENEX,  delete the original and re-import;  same effect.

There are also options like Saferoom which offers third-party note encryption...

Archived