weird typing glitch

northshoreshells

when i am in my notebook and editing $ entries,  in a simple note format, just changing amounts....it double types the preceding character.

Like I have $123.45 and want to change it to $543.21....so i backspace out all the numbers except the $ and go to put the new numbers.... and get $$43..21

Then i have to jump in and correct it. Can't make it go away, never happened for years that I've been doing this....thanks.

• Level 5*
11 hours ago, northshoreshells said:

when i am in my notebook and editing $ entries,  in a simple note format, just changing amounts....it double types the preceding character.

Which platform/device and are you up to date on your versions?

I am having the same probem on my Note 5. When I typed numbers or alphabets, "$" or other symbols came up. However, there is no problem when I type on the same note on my PC platform. It's been like this for the past week. Hope Technical Support can do something about it soon. Thanks!

Northdhoreshells is right. The glitch stopped suddenly. Hope it doesn't come back! Now I've another question... why does it become a different font and bigger size when i do cut and paste in the same note? this is also a recent problem. 

• 1 year later...

I started having a similar glitch while typing using SwiftKey keyboard. 

The prediction feature identifies previous word or first word of previous paragraph and tries to finish it although the marker is in a new space or line. It gets impossible to write like this and I have to change apps to finish the task. 

My os is android 6.0 installed in a Moto G3. What can I do to fix this? Thanks in advance. 

Archived