Scannable Created PDF Crashes Evernote App Repeatedly

Weird bug I just ran into but my wife and I scan some of my son's drawings and save them into Evernote. We've been doing this randomly over the years, nice to have stuff from throughout the years.

Anyways I created a new PDF file using Scannable of some of his drawings. The file size is 8.78 mb in size, it's a multi page document, figured I might as well have one file for 8 or so drawings. 

For some reason this one particular PDF file crashes Evernote in iOS on my iPhone. I have been allowing the app to send crash reports automatically so Evernote probably has a ton of them by now from all of my crashing.

In Windows Evernote the file/note syncs and opens fine it's just in iOS a repeated crash. I have tried the following with the same crashing results:

1. Rebooted the phone

2. Deleted Evernote and reinstalled it

3. Moved the note to different notebooks, it crashes whatever notebook the file is in. As soon as I open a notebook the PDF note is in, instant crash

4. I removed the file, created a new note, same thing crashing

5. Tried renaming the file, same thing.

For now I am just leaving the PDF out of Evernote.

• Level 5*

Hi.  Sounds like that file is corrupted in some way,  or includes code that Evernote really dislikes.  If,  as you say,  the file opens in Windows,  but not on iPhone,  you could put it back into a note - as long as you remember not to open it on the iPhone! 

You've already done pretty much everything I can think of to cure this,  but if you're up for one more go - it sounds weird,  but can you print out those 8 pages to paper and then scan them back in again?  (Or just re-scan the originals if that's easier!)

If that file then also crashes iOS it sounds like your son has found a way to hack by drawing!

Ok tried one more thing just for the heck of it.

Right click "copy" the file I detached from Evernote, paste on my desktop.

Create a new note, no more crashes.... weird.

Archived