REQUEST: Evernote for Education?

Carl-Henrik Buschmann

Idea

This perhaps should be under a different forum but i have a couple of idéas for a Evernote for Education.

A very not so super serious preliminary task force, myself and a few students have looked at this and there are few details that needs to be set up to cover what we need: 

1. Bulk creation of Notebooks:
    1. In some subjects I need to have a one-to-one notebook where students can post assignments and teachers can give feedback. We need a way to automatically/simply create teacher/student Notebooks for subjects.
    2. Bulk creation of other Notebooks, like this years subjects would also be nice. csv file or something would do nicely. 
  2. A way to manage permissions easily:
    1. We need to assign certain people to default on certain Notebooks. One idea is to utilize the existing "Job title" or "Deparment" field to classify users. Perhaps with a dropdown menu of predefined choices: Job title: teacher, student, admin, etc. Department could be labeled "Class". 
  3. The work chat needs a bell or something, nobody in my group of 18 year olds found that the link for shared notebooks was in the work chat. Sorry if that was your pet project, it just dont work. 
    1. To summerize. Evernote needs a proper notification system for messages and other important stuff. 

There are always other ways to go about what i have mentioned but the essense is there: bulk creation, permissions, notifications. 

Now class, colloquium!

1 reply to this idea

• Level 5*

Hi.  There's a whole section of the Forums frequented by educators over here - https://discussion.evernote.com/forum/244-education/ - though I didn't move your note across because your suggestions are also practical for all users.  Most have also been requested before - block creation of notebooks,  variable levels of access,  and more audible notification in Chat when traffic arrives.

There are work-arounds for the levels of access issue,  but Evernote simply doesn't 'do' any of this in the personal accounts.  There's a Business account that has greater flexibility and includes shared libraries which you can administer via a separate control panel.  This page will link you to more information on that.  Don't know what (if any) educational discounts are available on Business accounts.

For the rest,  it's a question of waiting to see whether,  and when,  Evernote upgrades the various aspects of their services.  You may have gathered we're a (mainly) user-supported forum here,  though employees do read on through. 

If you'd like more of a dialogue direct,  you could Tweet @EvernoteHelps for more...

Archived