Syncing from one folder using two accounts

I am using Windows.

I have two account profiles on my computer. One is for school and one is for work (trying to minimize distractions).

Anyways, my real question is, how can I sync my files to where they are only being pulled from one folder by both profile accounts? They are being pulled by two separate folders right now since they both have their own locations on the local drive. I don't have that much space on my hard drive so I thought I'd ask.

Update: I am only using one account on evernote. I do not have two accounts on evernote.

• Level 5*

The way to do this is to create a notebook in one account, and share it to the other account. You didn't mention which Evernote client you are using, so I'll just link to the Evernote help topic: https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/208314748-Share-notebooks

In the Windows client, you right-click on a notebook in the notebook list, and select "Share Notebook...". Enter the email of the account you want to share it to, and select view/edit/invite permissions.

• Level 5*
18 hours ago, Aurora A. said:

I am using Windows.

I have two account profiles on my computer. One is for school and one is for work (trying to minimize distractions).

Anyways, my real question is, how can I sync my files to where they are only being pulled from one folder by both profile accounts? They are being pulled by two separate folders right now since they both have their own locations on the local drive. I don't have that much space on my hard drive so I thought I'd ask.

Not sure what you mean by two separate folders.  Do you have two installations of Evernote?

I haven't used Windows for a long time, but I'd expect a single installation, and a single .exb database file;
or do you also have two Evernote accounts?

1 hour ago, jefito said:

The way to do this is to create a notebook in one account, and share it to the other account. You didn't mention which Evernote client you are using, so I'll just link to the Evernote help topic: https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/208314748-Share-notebooks

In the Windows client, you right-click on a notebook in the notebook list, and select "Share Notebook...". Enter the email of the account you want to share it to, and select view/edit/invite permissions.

Thanks for replying to my thread. The thing is, I only have one premium evernote account.

57 minutes ago, DTLow said:

Not sure what you mean by two separate folders.  Do you have two installations of Evernote?

I haven't used Windows for a long time, but I'd expect a single installation, and a single .exb database file;
or do you also have two Evernote accounts?

I only have one evernote account.

On windows, I have accounts.

The reason why I have two accounts is because I needed a way to keep away from distractions whenever I'm doing my homework. Therefore, one account only has evernote, chrome, basic apps, while the other has everything else.

Now, I'd like to be able to use evernote on both accounts.

But I would like Evernote to save my files(or pull them) in the same folder.

Because right now, what's happening is, on Windows account 1, Evernote is saving my local files into the local folder X. 

In Windows account 2, Evernote is also saving my local files but not in the same folder, but rather local folder Y. 

Everytime I go to Windows account 1 on evernote, it syncs but it takes forever because of the amount of work I create.

Now, when I need to go to Windows account 2, the same thing happens. I wait forever because it's syncing again. 

This means that I have two copies of my evernote local files on the same harddrive. 

Now my question is, is there a way for Evernote to save(or pull) the files from the same source? Regardless of the amount of windows accounts? 

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Aurora A. said:

But I would like Evernote to save my files(or pull them) in the same folder.

Because right now, what's happening is, on Windows account 1, Evernote is saving my local files into the local folder X. 

In Windows account 2, Evernote is also saving my local files but not in the same folder, but rather local folder Y. 

Everytime I go to Windows account 1 on evernote, it syncs but it takes forever because of the amount of work I create.

Now, when I need to go to Windows account 2, the same thing happens. I wait forever because it's syncing again. 

This means that I have two copies of my evernote local files on the same harddrive. 

Now my question is, is there a way for Evernote to save(or pull) the files from the same source? Regardless of the amount of windows accounts? 

When you installed Evernote, did you get a question like - Install this app for all users, or just the one user?
It sounds like you installed the app twice
- just guessing on how things work in Windows

I think the solution is to delete the apps; delete the databases
Reinstall the app - a single database will be rebuilt
Warning - the rebuild does not include local notebooks or unsynced notes

Another option is that Evernote Windows allows you to specify your database location.
Possibly you could set it to the same location for both profiles.

On 10/16/2016 at 4:11 PM, DTLow said:

When you installed Evernote, did you get a question like - Install this app for all users, or just the one user? --------------> Probably. 
It sounds like you installed the app twice
- just guessing on how things work in Windows

I think the solution is to delete the apps; delete the databases  -----------------------------------------> This is what I feared. This might take a while. 
Reinstall the app - a single database will be rebuilt
Warning - the rebuild does not include local notebooks or unsynced notes

Another option is that Evernote Windows allows you to specify your database location. ------------> Exactly what I was saying. 
Possibly you could set it to the same location for both profiles.

Thanks @DTLow for the suggestion! I'm probably going to sync everything and reinstall it. 

Archived