Jump to content
Due to limited holiday staffing, chat will be unavailable from Thursday, July 2 at 5:30 PM (CDT) to Monday, July 13 at 8 AM (CDT). This will allow us to reply to your email requests as quickly as possible. Thank you for understanding. ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kwitel

EN Export: ENEX file has only 1KB in it?

Recommended Posts

Just tried saving/exporting my ENEX file to a hardrive and its only got 1KB in it. That cant be right...

Ive tried it a bunch of times in some other locations and i am getting the same result.

I clicked on Options and everything is checked.

What am I doing wrong here?

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Kwitel said:

Just tried saving/exporting my ENEX file to a hardrive and its only got 1KB in it. That cant be right...

Ive tried it a bunch of times in some other locations and i am getting the same result.

I clicked on Options and everything is checked.

What am I doing wrong here?

Did you select notes before running the export?

The export only includes notes you select

Share this post


Link to post
49 minutes ago, DTLow said:

Did you select note before running the export?

The export only includes notes you select

Ah ok-so i have to Export each notebook one by one?

Whats the quickest way of doing this if I want to export all of my notes/notebooks?

I just tried right clicking on the "Notebooks" header in the left column and it will allow me to export all of my 604 notes.

Is this the optimal method of saving all of my notes?

Share this post


Link to post

I'm not a Windows user, but on my Mac I can use Command A to select all my notes; or Edit > Select All

Note: the Notebook info is not preserved in the export - many users using export for backup do each Notebook separately.  I have this scripted (Mac AppleScript) to make it easier

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, DTLow said:

I'm not a Windows user, but on my Mac I can use Command A to select all my notes

Note, the Notebook info is not preserved in the export - many users using export for backup do each Notebook separately

Which "Notebook Info" are you referring to exactly?

So I need to backup each and every Notebook, every week?

Is there no faster/more efficient way of doing this?

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Kwitel said:

Which "Notebook Info" are you referring to exactly?

So I need to backup each and every Notebook, every week?

Is there no faster/more efficient way of doing this?

I meant the Notebook Name is not preserved.

Other Window users can better advise you on scripts etc.   You might look at the Backupery app.

Share this post


Link to post

×
×
  • Create New...