(Archived) I always get "Evernote Service is unavailable"

I'm a premium user of Evernote.

For about eight hours, Evernote on Mac and on Android isn't syncing for my account (email address: dean@latchana.co.uk). When trying to login via the web service I only get "Evernote Service is unavailable". I've attached a screenshot.

The Evernote Status appears to be okay (http://status.evernote.com/).

I've tried to contact Support (http://evernote.com/contact/support/), but I need to login, and so get "Evernote Service is unavailable"

I'm really stuck, and I don't know who to turn to. As I mentioned above I can't even contact Support because it sends me the same page saying "Evernote Service is unavailable".

Please help.

Thanks,

Dean

post-133053-0-84359600-1367336148_thumb.

Phew. It is the same thing for me, I thought I was the only one. I am a premium member as of yesterday, and as of this morning, exactly the same thing happens. Now, I am using a non-premium username to post this, as with my premium account, I am unable to log in - not for chat, not for support, not for forums even. Very strange.

I sent an email to us-support@evernote.com, but I kind of need resolution sooner than that - none of my devices will log in. Hope someone is reading this!

Hi roufnier,

Although not wishing the problem on others, I'm really pleased I'm not the only one!

It's a serious issue, and to compound it there's no normal mechanism to report the problem.

I've just emailed us-support@evernote.com too with a link to this forum post.

I hope we get resolution very soon.

Dean

Agree - it's a huge oversight that you need to log in to report a problem BUT logging in doesn't work! I understand the convenience of doing it, but in cases like this it's an issue. There needs to be a backdoor to support where you can just type in your username and associated email and be able to submit login problems... anyway, I hope someone is reading this so we can get it fixed asap.

"All Evernote users are equal", as George Orwell said ;-). Even with a Premium account there is no way to get in touch with the support services. I know it is just early in the morning in California, but I can not imagine that these servers can go down at night without anyone of the tech staff getting a warning and run to his console. This is lasting for hours now, I'm very disappointed.

I managed to get to the support once, just by launching it in Safari. Posted a link to this discussion, hope somebody is awake ;-). Wanted to create a second ticket, but then I've got the same "unavailable" page as I had in Chrome now for hours. 

This is what the Activity Log of my desktop application generated:

2013-04-30 19:22:32 sync [ENSyncEngine] DEBUG: -[ENSyncEngine backgroundSync] -- noteStore: https://www.evernote.com/shard/s67/notestore
2013-04-30 19:22:32 sync [ENSyncEngine] INFO: Contacting Evernote server...
2013-04-30 19:22:32 sync [ENSyncEngine] INFO:   current update count: 2800
2013-04-30 19:22:32 sync [ENSyncEngine] INFO:   session count: 19
2013-04-30 19:22:33 sync [ENSyncEngine] ERROR: Sync exception: TTransportException: Bad response from HTTP server: 503
2013-04-30 19:22:33 sync [ENSyncEngine] ERROR: (
    0   CoreFoundation                      0x96eaae9b __raiseError + 219
    1   libobjc.A.dylib                     0x9855e52e objc_exception_throw + 230
    2   Evernote                            0x00074555 Evernote + 472405
    3   Evernote                            0x00329678 Evernote + 3311224
    4   Evernote                            0x0032984f Evernote + 3311695
    5   Evernote                            0x00123d57 Evernote + 1191255
    6   Evernote                            0x00139a27 Evernote + 1280551
    7   libobjc.A.dylib                     0x9856b5d3 -[NSObject performSelector:withObject:] + 70
    8   Evernote                            0x00183789 Evernote + 1582985
    9   Foundation                          0x937a07c8 -[NSThread main] + 45
    10  Foundation                          0x937a074b __NSThread__main__ + 1396
    11  libsystem_c.dylib                   0x92eb25b7 _pthread_start + 344
    12  libsystem_c.dylib                   0x92e9cd4e thread_start + 34
)
2013-04-30 19:22:33 sync [ENSyncEngine] INFO: Sync complete.
  • Level 5*

I've flagged it for the Head of Technical Support and the main Community bloke on here and just been on chat and pointed them at this thread so they know about it.

I'm still syncing fine - just rubbing it in.

Yeah, it doesn't appear to be affecting everyone. Glad you're just fine. Thanks for rubbing it in ;-)

:D

Sorry...just pointing out it's not across the board, which may be why it may not have been identified yet.  Based on my experience with EN, they are on it, since Metrodon escalated it.

Beat me to it.  We had some issues with a very select few shards this morning, which resulted in the extended downtime you all saw--the systems should all be back online now.

Beat me to it. We had some issues with a very select few shards this morning, which resulted in the extended downtime you all saw--the systems should all be back online now.

Thanks gbarry! Seems to be back to normal on my end again. Appreciate your support.

Everything is also working for me now: Web, Mac and Android.

Thanks all for reporting you had the same issue. If it wasn't for your responsiveness, I would have felt very lonely and troubled.

I'd like to sign-off by suggesting to the Evernote development/product team that users shouldn't need to login to report an issue with Support. If users are having problems logging in, they won't be able to raise an issue with Support. In a way it's obvious, but that's often the way with the benefit of hindsight.

Cheers,

Dean

• Level 5*

I'd like to sign-off by suggesting to the Evernote development/product team that users shouldn't need to login to report an issue with Support. If users are having problems logging in, they won't be able to raise an issue with Support. In a way it's obvious, but that's often the way with the benefit of hindsight.

http://discussion.evernote.com/topic/35558-password-reset-discussion-thread/?p=203371

Yup, we do have Guest access available from the support page, for users who are unable to login to the service or who are not presently users. 

Shard issues are usually detected by our Ops team immediately and rectified in short order, they're an incredibly hardcore bunch.  In this case, there was an issue on a few shards that was not detected because of a bug on our monitoring system, which we've fixed, in addition to bringing the shards back online.

Archived