Welcome! You're currently a Guest.

If you'd like to join in the Discussion, or access additional features in our forums, please sign in with your Evernote Account here. Have an Evernote Account but forgot your password? Reset it! Don't have an account yet? Create One! You'll need to set your Display Name before your first post.

Photo
Mac

Update problem & App store mystery

evernote

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 SyberKnight

SyberKnight

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • Group: Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 05:00 PM

hello,
i just tried to update Evernote from 3.0.5 to 3.0.6 from the automatic updater notice from within the app. it downloaded & said the usual "install & relaunch" thing. i hit that and it wouldn't quit the app to update. so i quit it manually and nothing happened except the EN app in my applications folder became greyed out & its icon turned generic. and there was a new EN app right next to it with a bunch of numbers behind the word Evernote. i tried to launch that, but it too was the older version asking for an update. so i went thru the same process only to get the same results, 3 times.

then i went to the EN website to see if i could just download a fresh copy, but the only download link i could find was to the Mac App Store. so i figured you're only going that route now. okay. so i went there & downloaded EN from the app store. only to discover that it didn't put the app in my applications folder. i can't find where it put it. the only way i can get to it is from that stupid Launch Pad thing.

please advise.
thanks.

#2 Metrodon

Metrodon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Title: Bankrobber
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 05:07 PM

Try going here and hovering over the link "Get Evernote for mobile...."

Click on Mac OSX and you can download the app.

#3 peterfmartin

peterfmartin

• Title: Hard to say
  • Group: Evernote Evangelist
  • 970 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 08:01 PM

Try going here and hovering over the link "Get Evernote for mobile...."

Click on Mac OSX and you can download the app.

Missing link? http://www.evernote.com/evernote/?
Using Mac version 3.2.0 beta 1 on OSX 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard), web occasionally, and Chrome clipper (and Windows once upon a time).

Information and help: Getting Started | Knowledge Base (note: often wrong or outdated) | Evernote Support for customer support

#4 SyberKnight

SyberKnight

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 01:25 AM

THAT WORKED! THANK YOU!!

i'm still curious, tho - i wonder what the deal is with the app store download of it - why it doesn't put it in the applications folder.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Clip to Evernote