Clipping to a specific note?

Hello,

I recently started trying to clip selections and such from the web into Firefox. Right now when I clip something it just saves it as a new note in the chosen notebook.

I've played with all the options, but wanted to know if there is an option I missed or a workaround that would allow me to save a web clip in a specific note.

E.g. if I had a note called "Web Captures" inside the "Captures" notebook and I clipped a paragraph it would save the URL and selection to the bottom of my Web Captures note instead of just creating a whole new note and clogging up my inbox.

Failing that, I'd love an easy way to take all the contents of these new notes (including the title and URL) and be able to easily transfer it into my main note.

Anyone know how to do this?

Sheri

• Level 5

1.) You cannot clip to a specific existing note.

2.) You could use the merge feature to put several notes into one single note. The URL's and tiles will be retained. However, in my opinion, Evernote works better with separate notes using a common tag.

Thanks Reaver - I'll at least go with merging for now.

Do you know how to help it determine which note it should retain the main title of? E.g. I just tried now with merging one "Captures" note with a "web capture merge test" note and it kept the latter title. Is that because on the list view the merge test was on top as it was newer?

Thanks again,

Sheri

The title of the resultant note is the first note you clicked. Notes are merged in click order. Additionally, if you press the ctrl button before releasing the mouse, when clipping, the clip goes into your clipboard. You can then paste it into an existing note.

• Level 5

Thanks Reaver - I'll at least go with merging for now.

Do you know how to help it determine which note it should retain the main title of? E.g. I just tried now with merging one "Captures" note with a "web capture merge test" note and it kept the latter title. Is that because on the list view the merge test was on top as it was newer?

Thanks again,

Sheri

You're welcome. To get the hang of proper merging sequence, I created 3 individual test clippings and merged them - newest to oldest. Then another set oldest to newest. It gave me a better understanding of what merge does to the titles, URLs and notes.

By the way, when you merge multiple notes, the originals are sent to the trash. This allows you to retrieve them if you make a mistake.

• 2 years later...

Hello,

is this still impossible to do rigth away from the web clipper? I often send a lot of screenshot from the web to client to show them different choice of hardware (i'm a cabinet maker) and this would be very nice. Click + anotate + share trough e-mail. But I need to be able to make a note of several web clipping.

Additionally, if you press the ctrl button before releasing the mouse, when clipping, the clip goes into your clipboard. You can then paste it into an existing note.

Very useful feature Burgers.

Regards

Chris

Archived