Welcome! You're currently a Guest.

If you'd like to join in the Discussion, or access additional features in our forums, please sign in with your Evernote Account here. Have an Evernote Account but forgot your password? Reset it! Don't have an account yet? Create One! You'll need to set your Display Name before your first post.

Photo
Mac

Existing Free Skitch App User (Non-Mac App Store Install)

skitch

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Kurtois

Kurtois

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • Group: Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 05:00 PM

Based on the Evernote acquisition news, I have a question as an existing Skitch user of the application. I have been using Skitch on Snow Leopard for some time. The application was obtained directly from your site, i.e. not installed via Mac App Store. Also, I have a free user account with Skitch.com.

With the recent announcement, should I continue to use the application as-is, or will an upgrade be pushed out to current users or does a new install need to occur? Some clarity on this would be appreciated.

Kurt

#2 heather

heather

• Title: Support Maven
  • Group: Evernote Employee
  • 1,936 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 06:21 PM

You should have all the "Plus" features enabled now, but if you don't, try an uninstall/reinstall.

Check out our Knowledgebase | View our User Manuals here: Mac or Windows or iOS or Android | Check out the Getting Started Guide | Still need help? Submit a support request here.

#3 Kurtois

Kurtois

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 06:29 PM

Care to suggest a quick test on my end so I can verify I have "Plus" features?

#4 Phil Dean

Phil Dean

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Title: British Food Lover
  • 464 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 08:43 PM

Here is the link for a side by side comparison of what features are available for the plus accounts that everyone now has access to for free.
http://skitch.com/comparison

Hope it helps.
Check out our Knowledgebase.
View our User Manuals here: Mac or
Windows
Check out the Getting Started Guide
Still need help? Submit a support request here.

#5 Kurtois

Kurtois

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 07:54 AM

So...v1.0.7 downloaded directly from Skitch.com (outside the Mac App Store) weeks before the acquisition announcement should just integrate with Evernote? Please clarify.

#6 Ward Clark

Ward Clark

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 04:45 PM

Here is the link for a side by side comparison of what features are available for the plus accounts that everyone now has access to for free.
http://skitch.com/comparison

That page no longer exists, at least at that location.

#7 heather

heather

• Title: Support Maven
  • Group: Evernote Employee
  • 1,936 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 05:06 PM

*Everyone* now has access to the Skitch Plus features. Anyone who was a *paid* user of Skitch should contact support (if they haven't already) for their Evernote Premium upgrade/extension.

Check out our Knowledgebase | View our User Manuals here: Mac or Windows or iOS or Android | Check out the Getting Started Guide | Still need help? Submit a support request here.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users

Clip to Evernote