(Archived) Usecase QR Code + Link Feature

What about using QR-Codes with Evernote-Note Links?

the possibilities seem limitless 8) - just some ideas:

creating Notes listing your boxed belongins -> just sticking a QR sticker on the box :) scan it with your phone and you know whats in there

creating Notes and "secretly" share the content with an QR-Code

basically this is only helpfull for things you cannot get into your evernote stash

btw. thanx for this great product and the new link feature :D

bye

Andi

They can certainly handle the common ones. I don't know wnt version the are. They appear a bit denser than Version 1 in your picture. An iPhone has a 5 megapixel camera and the ones on many Android phones are 8. Barcode readers are built into most phones in Japan, as I understand it, even the "dumb" ones.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Level 5

Probably too early

QR codes are restricted to a small universe of users who have a smart phone and know how to use a QR code.

URL links much more universal and understood by users who know how to click on a link.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Actually, I also wonder if today's camera phones have enough resolution to handle the different color combinations of QR Codes. Because I think there is a new trend to generate QR code in dofferent color combinations, instead of the common black and white. Then we can treat QR code like some kind of art.

Hi, 

I am developing an iOS app that generate shortcuts via QR code, webclip shortcut for the iOS home screen and in app shortcut. 

Once ready, I will let you guys know!

Please support as I feel the app has endless possibility 

• 5 months later...
  • Level 5

To me the issue has always been how to create a sheet of distinctly different QR codes - and about 2cm square (or 1" square if you prefer). But I also think having the QR codes have something on them that Evernote can use is also tricky.

But yes I'd go round tagging objects and keeping notes on them in Evernote with QR codes if I could. My family might label me OCD (again). :-)

And @tianlye why aren't I surprised you're developing something useful/innovative like this? :-) How's the app coming along?

• 1 month later...

What about using QR-Codes with Evernote-Note Links?

the possibilities seem limitless 8) - just some ideas:

creating Notes listing your boxed belongins -> just sticking a QR sticker on the box :) scan it with your phone and you know whats in there

creating Notes and "secretly" share the content with an QR-Code

basically this is only helpfull for things you cannot get into your evernote stash

btw. thanx for this great product and the new link feature :D

bye

Andi

QR codes rose to such vast and fast popularity that they started getting used in the most nonsensical contexts (e.g., appearing in an email—if I'm reading the email, I'm already online! Just use a link!), and being overused in general. This, unfortunately, soured many on QR codes in general, but there are some circumstances, like the one below, where they're super useful and save time and space!

Archived