Welcome! You're currently a Guest.

If you'd like to join in the Discussion, or access additional features in our forums, please sign in with your Evernote Account here. Have an Evernote Account but forgot your password? Reset it! Don't have an account yet? Create One! You'll need to set your Display Name before your first post.

Photo
Mac

"conflicting changes" - why??

evernote

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 mlevin77

mlevin77

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • Group: Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 11:13 AM

Every week or so, I see something from Evernote about putting one of my notes into a "conflicting changes" folder. I never keep Evernote open on more than one computer at a time so there's no way any note is being edited at the same time by two clients (although I do access the notes from a Mac or my iPhone). What's causing this?

Mike

#2 BurgersNFries

BurgersNFries

• Title: Moderator
  • Group: Evernote Evangelist
  • 12,181 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 11:55 AM

viewtopic.php?f=56&t=21034&p=88959&hilit=Conflicting+note#p88961
I'm not affiliated with Evernote. Evernote is an integral part of my life.

Submit support requests toward the bottom of the help/support page here. If you do not receive an auto reply email with a case #, it did NOT get submitted. Premium users will receive a reply within one business day, California time. Free users receive a reply as time permits.

#3 Zanne

Zanne

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 10:00 PM

I originally posted this in the wrong section. So I'm reposting here.

I also have empty notebooks labeled "conflicting changes" and can't remove them. The previous information in each has been checked against the regular note and corrections made where necessary, and then the "conflicting changes" item was deleted, but did not disappear, just became empty. They can't be removed. These phantom notebooks are taking up a lot of room on my list of notebooks. And I'm only working on a Macbook, no other device is involved.

#4 Metrodon

Metrodon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Title: Bankrobber
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 10:39 PM

What happens when you try to delete the conflict notebooks? Any error messages?

#5 MojoNixon

MojoNixon

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 01:42 AM

I have the same problem. I've accumulated three "conflicting changes" Notebooks that can't be deleted. If i select it, the DELETE button is grayed out. There is nothing in the folder.

#6 Metrodon

Metrodon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Title: Bankrobber
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 11:32 AM

If you right click on the folder is the delete option greyed out?

#7 jpgiven

jpgiven

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 09:06 PM

I also had this concern and right-clicking the now unneeded folder provided the option to delete from a pop-up menu.

Thanks for the tip.

JGiven

#8 Boxin

Boxin

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 12:03 PM

Same here. I have three conflicting folders already, which can't be deleted in any way, at least as far as I know. It's very annoying, would Evernote look into this issue? Thanks!

#9 BurgersNFries

BurgersNFries

• 12,181 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 01:24 PM

Same here. I have three conflicting folders already, which can't be deleted in any way, at least as far as I know. It's very annoying, would Evernote look into this issue? Thanks!

Did you follow the advice in the two posts directly above yours?

Submit support requests toward the bottom of the help/support page here. If you do not receive an auto reply email with a case #, it did NOT get submitted. Premium users will receive a reply within one business day, California time. Free users receive a reply as time permits.

#10 Boxin

Boxin

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 01:39 PM

Did you follow the advice in the two posts directly above yours?

Sorry that I don't see any tips in this thread, or if I really missed something? I clicked on the link you posted, but it got re-directed to the forum homepage.

I can delete the conflicting notes in the folders, while it's no way to remove the conflicting folders themselves. Either the delete button on the toolbar or the delete option in the right-click menu is gray.

#11 BurgersNFries

BurgersNFries

• 12,181 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 02:00 PM

Please read the two posts directly above yours in this thread. I don't know how to say this any clearer.

As to why you're getting conflicting notes, please use the search function. I'm on my iPhone & it's not handy for me to find the thread at this time.

#12 Mara

Mara

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 03:51 AM

Please read the two posts directly above yours in this thread. I don't know how to say this any clearer.

The OP was pretty clear himself (and btw, following the link you posted I also got redirected to the forum homepage)

Sorry that I don't see any tips in this thread, or if I really missed something? I clicked on the link you posted, but it got re-directed to the forum homepage.

As to why you're getting conflicting notes, please use the search function. I'm on my iPhone & it's not handy for me to find the thread at this time.

I would suggest if your device at hand doesn't allow you to help, then don't answer the post until you're able to. The OP was very clear and asked a valid question: What is causing the "conflicting changes" to occur. He also answered your questions, and again, in plain English:

http://discussion.ev...181#entry112181

Using the almighty SEARCH FUNCTION, I found this thread...and I gotta say, for an Evernote Evangilist, your replies are anything BUT helpful.

#13 GrumpyMonkey

GrumpyMonkey

• Title: 不機嫌な猿
  • 10,216 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 04:19 AM

why are we arguing about a thread from march of last year? it has been a couple of months since anyone posted. for something like this, is it worth resurrecting the thread to attack someone about unhelpful advice? just a thought.

as for the conflicts, i think they sometimes occur when you fail to sync, use en on another client, and then open it again on the original device. without more detail, though, i cannot say why it is happening, and it might be good to start a support ticket (assuming you have the issue as well).

#14 BurgersNFries

BurgersNFries

• 12,181 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 07:19 AM

.and I gotta say, for an Evernote Evangilist, your replies are anything BUT helpful.

FYI, I posted the link TEN MONTHS ago. March 6, 2011, to be exact. Since that time, the old message board was migrated to a new one & the old one taken down. I assure you, the link was helpful when it was posted.

#15 yogiw

yogiw

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 03:02 PM

This is an old thread but if you're reading this in 2013 and don't know how to "right-click" on a Mac, control-click is the same as right-click. This did the trick for me when deleting extra notebooks.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Clip to Evernote