Jump to content
  • 0
Calion

Command-click on Title bar

Idea

When I have an individual Note window open, I should be able to Command-click on the title bar, just as in the Finder, to be able to see and navigate the note's hierarchy. As it is, there is no way I can see to see a note that you have open (say from a hyperlink) in its notebook without having to Search.

Share this post


Link to post

6 replies to this idea

Recommended Posts

  • 0
4 hours ago, Calion said:

When I have an individual Note window open, I should be able to Command-click on the title bar, just as in the Finder, to be able to see and navigate the note's hierarchy. As it is, there is no way I can see to see a note that you have open (say from a hyperlink) in its notebook without having to Search.

Not sure what you mean by "the note's hierarchy"

At the top, you can see the Notebook and Tags
The only additional info I can think of is Notebook Stack, and Tag Hierarchy

Screen Shot 2016-09-06 at 2.17.31 PM.png

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

Notes exist in Notebooks, which can exist in Stacks. That's a hierarchy, just as files in the Finder exist in a folder hierarchy. I should be able to Command-click on the title bar and show the note in its notebook.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
4 hours ago, Calion said:

Notes exist in Notebooks, which can exist in Stacks. That's a hierarchy, just as files in the Finder exist in a folder hierarchy. I should be able to Command-click on the title bar and show the note in its notebook.

Got it - your request is for command-click to show the Notebook and Stack

For me, I use basically one notebook, and no stacks.
Any hierarchy I use is in the Tag organization and there could be multiple entries per note

 

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

If you only use one notebook, it's even more important. How do you find the note in the notebook without searching? How do you show its listing? 

What I particularly need this for is to be able to get a Classic link for a note. But I can't get the link without viewing the note in its notebook, as opposed to in its own window.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
27 minutes ago, Calion said:

If you only use one notebook, it's even more important. How do you find the note in the notebook without searching? How do you show its listing? 

I'm a tag fan
My notes could have multiple tags, and any of them could get me to the note
As you said, I could search; I also have saved searches that I use often
I view my notes in update date sequence, so my most recent notes are on top
My notes are heavily cross linked, so one note leads to another

>>What I particularly need this for is to be able to get a Classic link for a note. But I can't get the link without viewing the note in its notebook, as opposed to in its own window.
I use toplist view, so its easy to get links; the list is always viable at the topScreen Shot 2016-09-08 at 1.14.45 PM.png

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

But if you had a Note open in a window (say from a Web link), how would you quickly find it in its list? You'd have to search, wouldn't you?

 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...