Command-click on Title bar

Calion

Idea

When I have an individual Note window open, I should be able to Command-click on the title bar, just as in the Finder, to be able to see and navigate the note's hierarchy. As it is, there is no way I can see to see a note that you have open (say from a hyperlink) in its notebook without having to Search.

6 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, Calion said:

When I have an individual Note window open, I should be able to Command-click on the title bar, just as in the Finder, to be able to see and navigate the note's hierarchy. As it is, there is no way I can see to see a note that you have open (say from a hyperlink) in its notebook without having to Search.

Not sure what you mean by "the note's hierarchy"

At the top, you can see the Notebook and Tags
The only additional info I can think of is Notebook Stack, and Tag Hierarchy

Screen Shot 2016-09-06 at 2.17.31 PM.png

Notes exist in Notebooks, which can exist in Stacks. That's a hierarchy, just as files in the Finder exist in a folder hierarchy. I should be able to Command-click on the title bar and show the note in its notebook.

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, Calion said:

Notes exist in Notebooks, which can exist in Stacks. That's a hierarchy, just as files in the Finder exist in a folder hierarchy. I should be able to Command-click on the title bar and show the note in its notebook.

Got it - your request is for command-click to show the Notebook and Stack

For me, I use basically one notebook, and no stacks.
Any hierarchy I use is in the Tag organization and there could be multiple entries per note

If you only use one notebook, it's even more important. How do you find the note in the notebook without searching? How do you show its listing? 

What I particularly need this for is to be able to get a Classic link for a note. But I can't get the link without viewing the note in its notebook, as opposed to in its own window.

• Level 5*
27 minutes ago, Calion said:

If you only use one notebook, it's even more important. How do you find the note in the notebook without searching? How do you show its listing? 

I'm a tag fan
My notes could have multiple tags, and any of them could get me to the note
As you said, I could search; I also have saved searches that I use often
I view my notes in update date sequence, so my most recent notes are on top
My notes are heavily cross linked, so one note leads to another

>>What I particularly need this for is to be able to get a Classic link for a note. But I can't get the link without viewing the note in its notebook, as opposed to in its own window.
I use toplist view, so its easy to get links; the list is always viable at the topScreen Shot 2016-09-08 at 1.14.45 PM.png