Smartphone browser friendly for shared notebooks

Notes Me

Hi, everyone:)

I am mainly using the web edition daily, and have 2 something related questions at this topic.

1. I have shared a notebook for public view from PC Chrome browser. 

But when I access this notebook from my iPhone Safari, it is displaying as the same view just like it shows me at my PC browser which is not mobile friendly.

Any settings could I do something adjustment to compatible with mobile browser, please?

BTW, when sharing a individual note, this individual one is showing as mobile friendly at my iPhone Safari.

2. How could I see all of my shared notes and notebooks? I can not find the menu from the web edition, am I missing it?

Thank you.

• Level 5*

Hi.  Can you post a couple of screen shots so we can see the differences?  AFAIK Evernote makes its own decisions as to display type,  so there's no option you can change.

As far as shared notebooks are concerned,  check out the Notebooks view - there should be a (small!) icon like this one against any shares.

2016-08-21_1717.png

22 hours ago, gazumped said:

Hi.  Can you post a couple of screen shots so we can see the differences?  AFAIK Evernote makes its own decisions as to display type,  so there's no option you can change.

As far as shared notebooks are concerned,  check out the Notebooks view - there should be a (small!) icon like this one against any shares.

2016-08-21_1717.png

Something like the attached captures.

Thanks.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Level 5*

Ah - I see the problem.  I now share notebooks by creating a Table of Contents note with the public* links of the notes I want to share,  which acts like an HTML index page.  When you share the notebook,  just send out the public link to that index page.  Users can navigate to other pages,  which can themselves have links to several 'child' pages...  you may want to include a standard link back to the main index page in all your notes.

* Remember the ToC page will normally list the in-app links to the notes.  You have to replace those with public links!

On 2016/8/22 at 1:19 AM, gazumped said:

2016-08-21_1717.png

Thanks @gazumped

It is a not bad idea;)

But it's less maintainability for me as I have to maintain each one when anything happening(change the table contents or add a new one).

Do this manually is not my way;)

Archived