Continuing a checkmark list using auto-complete deletes checkmark

I use the Android app to, among other things, making actionable lists. I use the bullets and numbers as well, but most of my notes contain the checkmark boxes and I really like them. Recently, I've started noticing that creating lists using checkmarks accidentally deletes checkmarks if you use the spelling/auto-correct feature (e.g. typing 'bana' and then hitting the word 'bananas' deletes the checkmark on the beginning of the line).

I'm not sure if this is a bug, or I'm using Evernote incorrectly, but I've never noticed this behavior before. Can someone give me an idea of what is going on here?

• Level 5*

Just tried that on both Windows Desktop beta and the Android beta but correcting the spelling didn't affect any checkboxes in my list.  I'd suggest you uninstall and reinstall the app (make sure you've synced everything first) and if that doesn't fix things,  contact support via the app.

I've been having this problem too. 

I start a list using a checkbox. I press enter for the next line, a checkbox appears. I start to type the item, when I press space at the end of the word the checkbox disappears and the last letter of the word is duplicated. 

I will reinstall it and see if that makes a difference. 

20 minutes ago, TraceyD06 said:

I've been having this problem too. 

I start a list using a checkbox. I press enter for the next line, a checkbox appears. I start to type the item, when I press space at the end of the word the checkbox disappears and the last letter of the word is duplicated. 

I will reinstall it and see if that makes a difference. 

I reinstalled. I thought it had worked. It seems that some lines will work fine (type word, press enter, new line new text box) but some won't work! 

It seems very inconsistent in the results it produces. Once it deleted the checkbox and duplicated the last letter typed, once it even deleted the check box and moved the word into the middle of the text of the previous line! Very wierd!!

Hope this is picked up and fixed soon. 

Archived