Number of Matches - General vs. Individual

I was using Evernote and I noticed something a little off. When I do a word search through individual notes I get a notice of how many "Matches" of that word exists in the notes. But when I do a word search a term in General Search (Universal) I do not get the number of "Matches".

I would like to see how many "Matches" i get when doing a General Search, just like an individual search, Is there a feature to turn this on for a General Search?

• Level 5*
22 hours ago, bhirvela said:

I was using Evernote and I noticed something a little off. When I do a word search through individual notes I get a notice of how many "Matches" of that word exists in the notes. But when I do a word search a term in General Search (Universal) I do not get the number of "Matches".

I would like to see how many "Matches" i get when doing a General Search, just like an individual search, Is there a feature to turn this on for a General Search?

Ctrl+F10 will switch on Search Information in Windows Desktop,  which will give you a list of hits in terms of "viewing 90 notes matching ..."  It will not give you the number of actual matches in those notes.  There's no option for that.

• 1 month later...
On 6/28/2016 at 5:29 PM, gazumped said:

It will not give you the number of actual matches in those notes.  There's no option for that.

Is it possible to get this option in place? On iPhone as well as Android, PC and Mac? Are there any plans to put this in place?

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, bhirvela said:

Is it possible to get this option in place? On iPhone as well as Android, PC and Mac? Are there any plans to put this in place?

No plans that I know of - but Evernote don't share what's in the pipeline.  In case it's not been considered yet,  I moved this thread to a Feedback forum where it's possible to vote for your favorite features.  I put this in Windows because there's no 'applies to all clients' yet,  but it's a given that anything which is adopted will filter through to all platforms.  If you'd like to see a count for number of hits in a note,  please upvote at the top left of this page...  :)

16 hours ago, gazumped said:

If you'd like to see a count for number of hits in a note,  please upvote at the top left of this page...  :)

I get a red circle with a line on the arrows. Am i missing something? Can I vote on the idea that I submit?

Archived