PDF save to Evernote

sorosch

Hello,

i try to save PDF-documents from the Firefox or Opera Web-Clipper in Windows 10 - but only the title of the PDF-document is saved - not the PDF-document. Is this a bug? Or do i make something wrong?

Thank you very much.

Best regards

George

• Level 5

When I try to do this in Opera (under Windows 7), it works fine. I click the Save PDF to Evernote button that appears when Opera displays a PDF document; or I click the Clip to Evernote button on the toolbar. In either case, the dialogue below pops up. Do you get that dialogue? If so, what settings do you choose in it?

Capture.JPG

Thank you very much for your help.

I tried it on several sites. On sites without HTTPS everything works fine. But on sites WITH HTTPS only the tilte of the pdf is saved in evernote.

Is this a bug? Or can´t the evernote-clipper save pdfs from HTTPS-sites?

Thank you very much

Best regards

George

• Level 5

That's surprising. I just tried a document from a site with HTTPS (a bank statement), and Evernote saved the entire document. Unless someone else can jump in with an explanation, you may need to contact Evernote support. Could it be a Windows 10 problem? 

• Level 5

UPDATE: I have just experienced the problem that George describes. In Opera, I got a document from a government source, and when I tried to save it to Evernote, I got only the title in the EN note, with no content. However, this was a document that was created as a result of my making several choices in an online dialog. I suspect that the document as EN tried to download it was in fact empty, not containing the choices I made. OTOH, when I saved the completed document to my hard drive and dragged it into a note in EN, it came through just fine.

Archived