Formatting text around an image

herrobst

Idea

Hi,

I am writing an article in Evernote and I'd like to insert some images into it. Drag'n'drop function works well but then the image breaks the text and I find no option for setting margin or place it in-line/wrap text. Is it possible to do that or EN still misses that feature?

9 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
6 hours ago, herrobst said:

the image breaks the text and I find no option for setting margin or place it in-line/wrap text. Is it possible to do that or EN still misses that feature?

Its not a feature in Evernote - and no indication they are interested in this.
If you wish, I could move this to the product feedback area (which platform?) so that it can receive attention as a feature request.

I find Evernote to be fairly basic for WP features.  
I do use it for quick short notes, but for serious work, I switch to dedicated apps 
I save the output in Evernote as an attachment, either the native file or converted to pdf

3 hours ago, DTLow said:

If you wish, I could move this to the product feedback area (which platform?) so that it can receive attention as a feature request.

Thank you or your quick reply. Yes, please do.

It's a good idea to attach the pdf file to a note, I am going to do that.

Previous statements that Evernote doesn't support this are greatly exaggerated.  I have multiple notes with in-line graphics that look quite professional.  I was able to copy them directly from MS Word.  The Evernote web app doesn't support this.  It is available thru the Evernote windows application.  I won't call it a feature because I am not able to manipulate the formatting directly...only thru cut-n-paste from Word.

• Level 5*
On 2017-06-23 at 7:24 AM, StephenVJackson said:

I have multiple notes with in-line graphics that look quite professional.

Could you post some samples (links  to your notes)

I agree, the MS Word file format is more suitable for inline/wrap graphics.
I'd simply attach the file as a note attachment.  Word files display inline on my Mac

If I needed it in my note, I could do a screen grab and include the image in the note. 

Guru...attached is an image of one of my notes.  Don't know how to link to it.  Most of my notes are in this format.  Image is left aligned with text in the "tight" format around it. All this is formatted with Word and pasted into the evernote Windows app.  I have other notes that are right aligned and even in the center of the page.  Often evernote places the text too tight around the image so, in Word, I usually add a back shadow that flows around the right side of image.  That causes the text in evernote to wrap with a comfortable amount of white space around it.

EverNote1.jpg

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, nemrod said:

Just to let a workaround…

You can achieve this with a 2 columns table

That's the process I use to achieve a layout  for my documents; multi column table, merged cells,...
It provides many options

• wrap text around images
  • image is sized to the cell width
  • background colour

Archived