Can Evernote record audio while I'm writing notes on iPad Pro?

• Level 5*

Hi.  While it should be possible for you to record audio and write notes at the same time,  the chances that your audio will be interrupted or stop when you change the view on your note or want to look something up online makes it impractical in my view.  There are dozens of apps available that will record audio no matter what else you do with your tablet,  and regardless of whether or not the display is active.  I'd recommend one of them for your recording - save the output as an MP3 file and you'll be able to attach it to your handwritten notes when the recording finishes. 

With due respect to Evernote I'd also say that taking notes during a lecture is also somewhat hazardous unless you have a guaranteed internet connection.  Sync your notes regularly (when you can) to make sure there's a copy on Evernote's server.  It's better though to use an app that saves to your local storage while you're compiling the detailed note.  If you suddenly lose your internet connection,  accidentally shut the app down or otherwise have problems,  you should be able to get the 'in progress' notes back from local storage.  Copy the content into Evernote when it's complete.

If you're new to the process,  try out the whole recording / noting thing on a TV show or something else non-critical.  Get some practice before you need to do this for real!  Good luck..

• Level 5*
9 hours ago, DocBrutus said:

Is there a way to record the lecture while writing my notes?

For serious notetaking, I use a dedicated note taking app.  

My current favorite is Noteability.  It will record audio, with markers to correspond to your notes.

When finished, I export the note to Evernote.

• Level 5*
10 hours ago, DocBrutus said:

Is there a way to record the lecture while writing my notes?

I think you will be better off using a 3rd app.  I really like AudioNote Notepad and Voice Recorder 

Features

• Synchronized note taking and audio recording
  • Text or handwritten notes
  • Seek directly within audio by tapping text or drawings
  • Highlighted notes during playback
  • Email and share note and audio files

They have versions for iOS, Android, Mac, and PC, and you can sync with all  using DropBox.  After you save the Note, you can send it to Evernote.

Archived