Evernote for Mac 6.5 Beta 2 Released

SoftwareMarcus

Idea

Today we're releasing Evernote for Mac 6.5 Beta 2 which has a number of improvements over Beta 1.  Here's a list of things to try out.

• This was actually in 6.5 Beta 1 but I forgot to mention it.  We fixed the Tag Filter so that it now respects symbols and emoji.  In other words if you type ".nb" with a period it should find ".nb".  Before this wouldn't work.
  • We fixed an issue where checkboxes weren't printing.
  • We fixed an issue where deleting in a table cell would move the cursor and sometimes text from one cell to the previous one.
  • We fixed the top 2 crashes from Beta 1.

As always thanks for trying this out and let us know of any issues you run into.  We really appreciate all of your help.  Here's a link to download Beta 2.

Also, here's a link to the 6.5 Beta 1 forum post so you can also read up on that release. 

16 replies to this idea

I started using Evernote a couple of months ago, as I wanted to digitalize all old journal entries. Evernote worked fine for this, since I could easily change the created date to the original journal entry date, and the entries where therefore sorted chronologically. However, in the new version, I am not able to edit the Note creation date. Is there a way to do this with the current release? If not, I will have to find another application that I can use to accpomplish this.

Can anyone help me to find out how I can edit the Note creation date, or sort entries not according to the date the Note was created, but another given date?

Thank you!

• Level 5*
6 minutes ago, Morten Isaksen said:

I checked to see if it was browser dependent, but there is no hyperlink in Safari or Chrome. 

You are using the EN Web app, which is completely different from the EN Mac desktop app.

The remark by @SoftwareMarcus refers to the EN Mac desktop app.

On 17. februar 2016 at 1:03 AM, SoftwareMarcus said:

I don't think we changed anything in regards to the creation date so you should still be able to edit it.  As JMiachel says you can do this in Note Info. 

I hear what you are saying, but it actually has changed, and I am not able to change the created an updated date any more. I can see the date (the date I created the document), but there is no way to edit the date. Any tips? I checked to see if it was browser dependent, but there is no hyperlink in Safari or Chrome. 

I include a screenshot to show what I mean. I want the created date to be changed to 1981, not 2016.

Thank you for any help.

Skjermbilde 2016-03-01 kl. 17.20.59.png

On 2/17/2016 at 7:16 PM, SoftwareMarcus said:

This is an experiment that we're running with only a few people in the test group.   If you want to turn off the feature you can go to the Evernote preference dialog and uncheck the checkbox on the General tab.   I believe we have some logic around what will trigger the notification.  We don't want to "spam" you with notifications for every meeting.  I think the criteria is that the meeting needs to be with multiple people which might be the reason you're not seeing it for every meeting.  Also the criteria was very strict in Beta 1 or Beta 2 but we've relaxed it recently for It Beta 3.  It would be great to hear more of your thoughts on what you like about it and what you don't.  In internal testing we had a few people mention that they didn't want it to reappear if they dismissed it and I think we still have some bugs around it appearing too often.  

Ah, thanks for the explanation. Knowing it's an experiment made me feel 100% less insane.  

Except for that one magical time, I haven't gotten any other meeting notifications, and I've had tons of meetings (with multiple invitees) on my calendar since.. so not sure what was special about that particular event that caused it to trigger.  Are you able to tell me what the criteria is, which triggers the helper note to be created? 

Also, you mentioned that I could turn off reminders in Preferences>General, but I didn't see anything regarding that.  (See screenshot) Again, I don't want to turn this off, I was just curious as to what you were talking about. 

Things I like about this functionality:

• A note was created for me at the time of my meeting.
  • The fact that it autofilled event details, such as location & attendees were all helpful, since I usually have to write all of this by hand for every meeting I have, and it's a time saver.
  • Note title based on the calendar event title.  
  • The blank template of agenda, meeting notes, and action items is yet another time saver, since I'd normally take haphazard notes and then go back at the end of the day for each note and try to sort out the action items at that time. 

Things I don't like:

• That I haven't been able to replicate it!  (Seriously it's the best and I need it.) 

Preferences 2016-02-18 16-52-21.png

On 2/15/2016 at 3:41 PM, tinywizard said:

Hi there, 

Today I was working in Evernote when I received a prompt (from Evernote app) saying something about my next meeting starting soon, & it asked if I wanted to create a new note for it.  I wasn't really thinking so I just clicked `OK`. It created a new note with a bunch of meeting information autofilled (see attached screenshot). 

The weird thing is, this is the *only* time I've ever seen this happen and I can't replicate it.  None of the other meetings on my calendar generate this prompt and nice template.  The weirder part is that I don't even know what triggered that in the first place.  It would mean Evernote would have to know the events on my calendar, and I checked my app connections and I have nothing connected.  I thought maybe I had another app that was integrating, but I checked the same things in both my personal and work email accounts, my calendar apps, and confirmed I do not have any IFTTT recipes turned on right now that would do this.  I'm totally stumped!  

I've attached Evernote's logs from the time frame but the specific event happened at 12:37pm.  There's a line here that indicates when the new note was created, but doesn't really provide any insight as to what trigger it.  

2016/02/09 12:37:01:889 I|*   -[ENCommonEditorWebView openNote:] main | #0 | Open note [no guid]/p470 'Go over tickets'

Any insight to this mystery would be appreciated.  Ultimately I'd love to have this capability for all my meetings, which I know is possible with IFTTT, but since I don't have that, how is it happening?? 

Thanks!

56bb6ffe2d0d0_EvernoteBasic2016-02-1012-07-43.png.ef7c66abf08dacf647c4a30c3645ee73.png

Evernote_453102_2016-02-10.txt

This is an experiment that we're running with only a few people in the test group.   If you want to turn off the feature you can go to the Evernote preference dialog and uncheck the checkbox on the General tab.   I believe we have some logic around what will trigger the notification.  We don't want to "spam" you with notifications for every meeting.  I think the criteria is that the meeting needs to be with multiple people which might be the reason you're not seeing it for every meeting.  Also the criteria was very strict in Beta 1 or Beta 2 but we've relaxed it recently for It Beta 3.  It would be great to hear more of your thoughts on what you like about it and what you don't.  In internal testing we had a few people mention that they didn't want it to reappear if they dismissed it and I think we still have some bugs around it appearing too often.  

On 2/14/2016 at 0:40 PM, Morten Isaksen said:

I started using Evernote a couple of months ago, as I wanted to digitalize all old journal entries. Evernote worked fine for this, since I could easily change the created date to the original journal entry date, and the entries where therefore sorted chronologically. However, in the new version, I am not able to edit the Note creation date. Is there a way to do this with the current release? If not, I will have to find another application that I can use to accpomplish this.

Can anyone help me to find out how I can edit the Note creation date, or sort entries not according to the date the Note was created, but another given date?

Thank you!

I don't think we changed anything in regards to the creation date so you should still be able to edit it.  As JMiachel says you can do this in Note Info. 

Hi there, 

Today I was working in Evernote when I received a prompt (from Evernote app) saying something about my next meeting starting soon, & it asked if I wanted to create a new note for it.  I wasn't really thinking so I just clicked `OK`. It created a new note with a bunch of meeting information autofilled (see attached screenshot). 

The weird thing is, this is the *only* time I've ever seen this happen and I can't replicate it.  None of the other meetings on my calendar generate this prompt and nice template.  The weirder part is that I don't even know what triggered that in the first place.  It would mean Evernote would have to know the events on my calendar, and I checked my app connections and I have nothing connected.  I thought maybe I had another app that was integrating, but I checked the same things in both my personal and work email accounts, my calendar apps, and confirmed I do not have any IFTTT recipes turned on right now that would do this.  I'm totally stumped!  

I've attached Evernote's logs from the time frame but the specific event happened at 12:37pm.  There's a line here that indicates when the new note was created, but doesn't really provide any insight as to what trigger it.  

2016/02/09 12:37:01:889 I|*   -[ENCommonEditorWebView openNote:] main | #0 | Open note [no guid]/p470 'Go over tickets'

Any insight to this mystery would be appreciated.  Ultimately I'd love to have this capability for all my meetings, which I know is possible with IFTTT, but since I don't have that, how is it happening?? 

Thanks!

56bb6ffe2d0d0_EvernoteBasic2016-02-1012-07-43.png.ef7c66abf08dacf647c4a30c3645ee73.png

Evernote_453102_2016-02-10.txt

On 2/10/2016 at 5:25 AM, taglover said:

I'm having the same issue when I login each morning. It's been happening for the last three days, since I installed this beta version. It only seems to happen the first time I login. See the image below for the error message. It's not a show stopper as I'm able to continue to use EN. It's just annoying as get out.

2016-02-10_08-18-29.png

Anyone else seeing this issue?  We would really like to take a look at your activity log.  Please direct message me with a link to your activity log so we can investigate.  Thanks for reporting this issue.

8 hours ago, Andrew Feil said:

I am getting kicked out of Evernote in the new beta.

"This application's access was revoked via Evernote web service. Please re-enter your password."

Re-enter and it does it again and again. 

Help!

I'm having the same issue when I login each morning. It's been happening for the last three days, since I installed this beta version. It only seems to happen the first time I login. See the image below for the error message. It's not a show stopper as I'm able to continue to use EN. It's just annoying as get out.

2016-02-10_08-18-29.png

10 hours ago, JayF said:

Shouldn't the insert hyperlink feature support  links to files in other apps, e.g. 

ithoughts://Maps/Users/educationdepartment/Dropbox/Apps/IThoughtHD/Daily%20Thinkspace-PR%20URI%20ATE?topic=52BE6058-B639-4D38-94E1-EBB9F0C718F4

Currently, when such links are pasted into the hyperlink window, save is disabled.  

Jay

We currently only support actual hyperlinks but that seems to be a very reasonable feature request.

Shouldn't the insert hyperlink feature support  links to files in other apps, e.g. 

ithoughts://Maps/Users/educationdepartment/Dropbox/Apps/IThoughtHD/Daily%20Thinkspace-PR%20URI%20ATE?topic=52BE6058-B639-4D38-94E1-EBB9F0C718F4

Currently, when such links are pasted into the hyperlink window, save is disabled.  

Jay

On 2/7/2016 at 11:48 AM, testeves said:

Is markdown support included in this release?

We support some data entry using markdown-like automated conversion but do not support 2 modes where one can enter markdown and then turn on a preview to see the formatting.

Archived