Feature Request: Allow adding Notes in Samsung Galaxy S5 "Ultra Power Saving Mode" through a widget

PieterG

Idea

8 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Since Samsung are unique (AFAIK) in providing this mode, it doesn't seem likely that Evernote will develop something specifically for one model of 'phone.  And since Samsung seem to be the ones who decide what goes into that screen,  you might be better talking to Samsung Support.  While they think about it,  you have another option - it's possible to add notes to your account (if you're a plus or premium subscriber) by email - https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/209005347

Since Samsung are unique (AFAIK) in providing this mode, it doesn't seem likely that Evernote will develop something specifically for one model of 'phone.  And since Samsung seem to be the ones who decide what goes into that screen,  you might be better talking to Samsung Support.  While they think about it,  you have another option - it's possible to add notes to your account (if you're a plus or premium subscriber) by email - https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/209005347

I am a Premium subscriber, but that means that while in UPSM there just no other way than the fairly ridiculous 'email to myself using my own phone', because the EN App cannot be reached and EN Web is not supported for Android browser. That just means back to the Memo App and just don't forget that I have notes there, which is what I have EN for in the first place.

• Level 5*

Dear Users. I uploaded from a samsung S5and now have a .null file on EN that I cannot open. Suggestions? MKenny

Hi.  When you say "uploaded" do you mean you attached a file to an Evernote note and synced it back to your main account?  What was the original file?  A picture?  A recording?

This is a completely different query from the one raised in this thread,  but the answer may be the same - Samsung support may be more help than us.  One problem of attaching files from a mobile - sometimes your main computer doesn't have the software to read the content.  It may need conversion into some other format to become legible.

• Level 5*

I am a Premium subscriber, but that means that while in UPSM there just no other way than the fairly ridiculous 'email to myself using my own phone', because the EN App cannot be reached and EN Web is not supported for Android browser. That just means back to the Memo App and just don't forget that I have notes there, which is what I have EN for in the first place.

The EN App 'cannot be reached' because in this case Samsung -presumably- did not allow it to be reached.  The article you quote does say that only a few essential apps are included,  so MS Word,  Excel and Evernote are all off the list.  Evernote does have widgets which can be attached to your (standard) home screen and from which you can launch a note,  but that's as close as you can get.  I'm not suggesting sending an email is a convenient or a sensible option,  but AFAIK it's the only one available to you at present that will create a note. 

Like many situations - today I discovered that a 'to-do' app I'm trialling pops up helpful reminders - which kill my satnav screen.  I have a choice between navigation or reminders and one of them is going.  Same for you with UPSM and notes - you may have to accept a compromise,  or pick one.

Dear Users. I uploaded from a samsung S5and now have a .null file on EN that I cannot open. Suggestions? MKenny

Hi.  When you say "uploaded" do you mean you attached a file to an Evernote note and synced it back to your main account?  What was the original file?  A picture?  A recording?

This is a completely different query from the one raised in this thread,  but the answer may be the same - Samsung support may be more help than us.  One problem of attaching files from a mobile - sometimes your main computer doesn't have the software to read the content.  It may need conversion into some other format to become legible.

[...] - you may have to accept a compromise,  or pick one.

That is why I put "Feature Request" in the title for this post in "Android Product Feedback" forum. Anyway, stating the request is the minimum I can do.

Archived