Will I lose Evernote access if I upgrade to version 7.8?

Hi folks, I'm currently running iOS 8.1 on my phone and have no desire to upgrade my operating system. However, I noticed that the Evernote app has an update available, to version 7.8. I noticed on version 7.7 that it said 7.7 would be the last version compatible with iOS 7 and 8. 

So, if I update my Evernote app to 7.8, will I lose Evernote access on my current iOS? And if that's the case, is there any way to disable updating the app so that I don't accidentally update it?

Thanks!

I think you can upgrade with confidence - all EN apps are free, as is the basic service.  You probably shouldn't even have to log in again, but make sure your notes are synced prior to initiating the upgrade.

• 4 weeks later...

I understand that the app is free and that it'll save my settings, but are you saying that Evernote 7.8 will run on iOS 8.1?

I don't have a device running 8.1 specifically, but do have an iPhone 4 running iOS 8.3 and Evernote 7.8.1. All notes are accessible, and I'm able to successfully sync new content. If you're still unsure about whether or not you want to update the Evernote application, you can turn off automatic updates in the iOS Settings by navigating to Settings > iTunes & App Store and toggling Apps off under the Automatic Downloads section. 

Hope that helps!

Hey amanda_h, thanks for the info! It looks like the latest version is Evernote 7.9, and I noticed that in the info in the app store, it says that "Requires iOS 8.1 or later." Despite the fact that this seems to be contrary to the previous information, based on this new info it looks like I should be in the clear.

I backed up just to be safe, but then installed the latest Evernote app. However, after updating, everything seems to be working like normal!

Thanks for the help!

-Greg

Archived