Request: Evernote Review feature

Guitarzan

Idea

Evernote is great for creating and saving notes, but it can be easy for ideas to be lost in the deluge. Sometimes, you just need a reminder to thumb through old content...

How great would it be if Evernote had a "Review" function?

Set a custom reminder (daily, weekly, monthly, yearly) and custom filters (tags, notebooks, date created or modified or viewed).

When launched, Evernote Review will curate a random (or algorithmic) selection of old notes to peruse, helping you rediscover old ideas and spark new ones. Even better, review should be in Presentation mode by default, showcasing these ideas in a clean, read-only format, while also keeping you focused.

This would be enormously helpful to me. As an author, artist, and musician, I'm constantly jotting down notes. Being reminded and then shown notes I haven't seen in a while, especially in presentation mode, would be enjoyable to say the least, not to mention rescuing good ideas from obscurity.

My sincere thanks to Evernote for being the notebook that's always there,

Jared

1 reply to this idea

• Level 5*

If you want to be less random about it, when you find something you want to review add a tag.  I have three tags, !Weekly, !Monthly, and !Quarterly, that I use in conjunction with a reminder to enable me to touch this type of note.  So when its time I select the tag and scroll through the notes, though I suppose I could use Presentation mode on the desktop.  FWIW.

Archived