Working with email in Evernote

I really want to push all my email into Evernote. Right now the thing stopping me the most is being able to reply to an email that is stored inside of Evernote. So if I push an email into Evernote and my goal is to get back to the person via email, how do I do that inside of Evernote? Also, if the email (now note) needs to be sent to someone else is the only option to share that note with a person? I really just need to forward the email off to someone. I'm sure this is addressed some way and I'm just not getting it. Could I please get some advice on this? Thank you very much!

I really want to push all my email into Evernote. Right now the thing stopping me the most is being able to reply to an email that is stored inside of Evernote. So if I push an email into Evernote and my goal is to get back to the person via email, how do I do that inside of Evernote? Also, if the email (now note) needs to be sent to someone else is the only option to share that note with a person? I really just need to forward the email off to someone. I'm sure this is addressed some way and I'm just not getting it. Could I please get some advice on this? Thank you very much!

What you're wanting is for Evernote to be a mail client (IE - reply) & AFAIK, this is not possible. You can share or email Evernotes to others.

So how do you handle this than? Let's say you have an email that states something like this....

Thank you for your time today. (blah blah blah)....

As discussed, can you please send me over that manual on how your product works.

Much thanks,

Customer

So now you want to put this inside of Evernote. That's no problem with the forward email feature. It's now a note so you can easily add a todo to it, again, sweetness. Finally it comes time to complete the task and all you need to do is reply to the email with the document attached. How do you do this from Evernote? 

This is kind of a lame example because it would have just been easier to have replied right away with the attachment and called it a day :) Still, it was the best I could think of fast and kind of gets the point across. I'm a fan of Evernote and a paid customer so please don't think this thread is about me complaining. I'm trying to learn best practices here and get MORE into Evernote. It's an excellent product, but this one area has always gotten me stuck and I was just hoping for some advice :)

So how do you handle this than? Let's say you have an email that states something like this....

Thank you for your time today. (blah blah blah)....

As discussed, can you please send me over that manual on how your product works.

Much thanks,

Customer

So now you want to put this inside of Evernote. That's no problem with the forward email feature. It's now a note so you can easily add a todo to it, again, sweetness. Finally it comes time to complete the task and all you need to do is reply to the email with the document attached. How do you do this from Evernote?

This is kind of a lame example because it would have just been easier to have replied right away with the attachment and called it a day :) Still, it was the best I could think of fast and kind of gets the point across. I'm a fan of Evernote and a paid customer so please don't think this thread is about me complaining. I'm trying to learn best practices here and get MORE into Evernote. It's an excellent product, but this one area has always gotten me stuck and I was just hoping for some advice :)

As I said, the only way to share Evernotes is to share the note (or notebook) or email the note, since Evernote is not an email client. Sometimes the simplest answer is the best way...I would simply use your email client, reply, add attachment, send.

• Level 5*

I really want to push all my email into Evernote. Right now the thing stopping me the most is being able to reply to an email that is stored inside of Evernote. So if I push an email into Evernote and my goal is to get back to the person via email, how do I do that inside of Evernote? 

I think you are trying to make Evernote do something it was not designed to do.  Evernote is not designed to be an email client, like Outlook (for example).  I could be surprised, but I really doubt Evernote will ever provide the features of an email client app.

I make good use of both Outlook and Evernote for managing my email.  

• Basically, I only send to Evernote the emails that I want to archive or use for a reference later.  
    • So I rarely have a need to respond to an email from Evernote.
    • If I do, the email address is shown in the EN Note as a link, which I can just click on to send an email to that person.
    • If you really want to (and I don't), you can also drag an email from OL into Evernote, and it will import as an OL attachment.  Double-click on the attachment, and it opens up the message in OL.

• In Outlook I do the following:
    • Setup folders for follow-up (FU Action, FU Read)
    • Use the OL "Follow Up" feature to assign a date/time reminder
    • Use Smart Folders to automatically search/display emails in categories of interest to me
    • Forward to EN all emails I want to preserve/archive after a chain of responses, to document/record decisions for example

Archived