Premium Question or Feature Request for Sharing Notifications

danieldonoghue

Idea

6 replies to this idea

No. That works if someone sends me a "reminder." However, if someone just goes in and updates a document, I would like to get a notification that "User X Made a Change to Document That You Are Subscribed To." Does that make sense?

Yes. Would make it much easier to find out.

But I have not found that feather yet.

• Level 5*

AFAIK the only way to get information that specific about a document is to use a word-processor that supports a changelog,  but that won't get you a notification either - that just shows who changed what.  It might be good to have a 'this note has changed' notifier - provided it was optional;  I can also see situations where lots of shared notes would continually spam the owner...

...The only workaround I've found to this issue is going into my business notebooks OR business notes and displaying them as "most recently updated." Then, whatever has been touched most recently by one of my teammates goes straight to the top.

It's inelegant. But in lieu of an instant notification system (which would be amazing, Evernote Gods...hinthint), it works for us.

jen.

...The only workaround I've found to this issue is going into my business notebooks OR business notes and displaying them as "most recently updated." Then, whatever has been touched most recently by one of my teammates goes straight to the top.

It's inelegant. But in lieu of an instant notification system (which would be amazing, Evernote Gods...hinthint), it works for us.

jen.

I'm doing the same. Both for quick access to my latest change and don't miss others.

The little satiliteicon is useful but everything alert, my sharing, my conflicts, etc so some day it's always blue

Archived