[Feature Request] Re-order tiles via simple drag & drop

Olissimo

Idea

Today, whether you're using Evernote in card view, expanded card view or snippet view, there's no way to easily re-order your notes. They just won't stay in the new position where you'd like them to be.

It would be nice if we could re-order our notes by moving them from one place to another via drag & drop.

6 replies to this idea

This is an often requested feature, and has been for years. Unfortunately you are limited to the sorting options available for a given view (List view gives the most options, but none are manual or custom). 

Lots of workarounds discussed for manually sorting, but they are all... well... workarounds, and so not necessarily satisfying. 

There are probably hundreds of oft-requested features that have not been implemented by Evernote. Only Evernote knows why! 

I am not sure if users with low post counts can edit titles but I've gone ahead and added [Feature Request] to the title of your post for you, I hope that is alright!

You're awesome, Scott! Many thanks for editing the title.

I'm so surprised that such a basic and essential feature is missing! It doesn't even seem complicated to program (you're essentially maintaining an ordered list of notes for each notebook and creating an insert line between two adjacent notes or at the beginning or end of edge notes).

I'm very disappointed Evernote doesn't make more efforts to listen to the feedback from their community of users. I feel they're being a bit arrogant.

Anyway, I haven't found a better alternative yet and I love using Bubble Browser for Evernote.

You're awesome, Scott! Many thanks for editing the title.

I'm so surprised that such a basic and essential feature is missing! It doesn't even seem complicated to program (you're essentially maintaining an ordered list of notes for each notebook and creating an insert line between two adjacent notes or at the beginning or end of edge notes).

I'm very disappointed Evernote doesn't make more efforts to listen to the feedback from their community of users. I feel they're being a bit arrogant.

Anyway, I haven't found a better alternative yet and I love using Bubble Browser for Evernote.

No problem at all.

I'd say that Evernote does a reasonably good job of listening to the feedback from their community of users, but I'd say they don't necessarily always implement that feedback, or act on it swiftly. The leadership seem pretty convinced about their choices on where the applications and service ought to go, but from time to time they do relent to their users! One recent example is the configurable toolbar on the Evernote Mac Client. A few years ago the made it non-configurable, and for those few years users very vocally requested they make it editable again. Several developers for the Mac App even explained how challenging such a feature would be to implement and that was one reason why they continued to not make the toolbar configurable. 

Then, last month, suddenly, we have a configurable toolbar. Who knows what it was that tripped the switch but, whatever it was, users now have a configurable toolbar. 

Not saying they aren't arrogant, they may well be, but they certainly do listen, and sometimes they even act on what they hear!

Evernote is such a fantastic service which such basic under-developed software. My one grip about Evernote is that its always looked more difficult on the eye than it need to - in a subtle jarring way its hard to reading browse through notes and pick them out easily.

They should take a few notes from Apple's Mail which essentially is doing the same thing with emails - flag sections (accessible from the side bar) with COLOURED flags would be an idea quick way to tag notes with wordless tags which are more visible. As would being able to colour the notes in list view, like you can again in mail to make certain ones pop out easier - and like the op the ability to sort notes the way you want, or better still, keep more recent appears at the top, but underneath notes you may have pinned there - like a rolling to do list and some important information for that note book project.

Alas we'll probably never get any of this stuff as you'd have expected much of it to be on the drawing board for version 1!

Archived