Get Evernote to look like this

prr

I just installed the newest version of Evernote, and imported files from OneNote 2010.

You can see in the screenshot how I have OneNote set up: http://www.paulrittman.com/ON.png

I have under the column on the left, 4 or 5 basic names (such as USB). Then, either there or along the top, I have three basic categories under USB (1800s, 1900s, and 2000s). Having selected the 1900s, on the right, there are several categories that can be selected.

From what I can see, Evernote has imported all the files and simply placed them in a list. I am used to using them in a tabbed or sub-directory format. Can I do this with Evernote?

Given what you show in Onenote, l would consider trying tags.

Tags won't be like what you show, but they can be move powerful since you can use multiple ones.

Given what you show in Onenote, l would consider trying tags.

Tags won't be like what you show I but they can be move powerful since you can use multiple ones.

Candid, thanks for the reply. Let me experiment with Stacks, and if that isn't satisfactory, I'll move on to tags. I like the visual order I have with OneNote--that way I don't have to do any searching--all I do is click in a pre-established hierarchy. If that doesn't work, however, I'll see how tags work.

• Level 5*

If you use stacks, you can drag a stack to the shortcut bar and you will get a drop down of the years.  Would look something like this:

post-58142-0-13389000-1430935714_thumb.p

Evernote has a feature called "Stacks", which might do the trick for you. See this page for more information.

In addition, check this screenshot of my setup.

Not having much luck with these stacks. How do you get them so that the various notebooks will show up, on the left pane? You have Bugtracking, cheatsheets, Daily Standup---when I drag and drop, the notebook simply disappears and I don't get a dropdown menu on the left like you do.

Archived