HOW TO CONFIGURE EVERNOTE WITH NETDRIVE

LIBRTY

• Level 5*

Hi.  Please don't use all caps in your posts - it comes across as shouting.  What's your OS and how are you looking to connect Evernote and Netdrive?  You can't install Evernote in the cloud,  and it's unwise to put the data folder there..

Netdrive allows all cloud accounts and I've read Evernote to be set up as virtural drives in windows explorer. it allows files to be better organized between all accounts. By the way I love Evernote(especially the clipper in browser).

• Level 5*

There've been a few posts here from users with problems using Evernote's features,  and syncing to/ from the central EN server,  that seemed to be caused by unusual' installations with external and cloud drives.  EN doesn't have any special settings to 'allow' variations in its location and/ or the data file(s) which are referenced in EN > Tools > Options and 'local files'.  You can change that location if you wish to any valid drive,  but when syncing and editing any comms failure with that location could result in lost or corrupted data.  I'd strongly recommend a good and frequent backup of your data!

Netdrive allows all cloud accounts and I've read Evernote to be set up as virtural drives in windows explorer. it allows files to be better organized between all accounts. By the way I love Evernote(especially the clipper in browser).

Evernote has publicly stated they do not support networked drives. Some people have reported success while others have claimed problems. Additionally, Evernote's CTO has publicly stated that attempting to put the live Evernote database in Dropbox has a high risk of data corruption. I'm not familiar with Netdrive, but if it's similar to Dropbox, I would think the same warning would apply.  And like Gaz, I would suggest against it. Please note that this differs from putting a BACKUP of your live database into a cloud such as Dropbox.

Evernote is storing an interactive database of data that wouldn't be safe to shuffle around via Dropbox. I checked with our Mac lead, and I think this would have a very high risk of data corruption even if you could make it work, unfortunately.

You could consider doing some sort of backup when Evernote isn't running, and placing this backup into Dropbox, but the real interactive database used by our app isn't safe to use in this way.

Archived